• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hunter7.3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    I am trying to find out as much info I can on the taurus pt145. I personally like it, I think it's compact light and I like the way it feels. It also doe not seem like it would break the pocket book neither. I was wondering if you guys could give me your thoughts on what you think of it and maybe a good place to buy one.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I think any firearm is better than nothing. That being said I have not heard many good things about Taurus and I would never buy one. But that is just my :twocents:

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    I would be cautious, but not fearful of getting a Taurus myself. There are other options that would not be more money, a Ruger comes to mind. There was a 9mm sold here on the forums for $250 this week for example.

My former neighbor has a PT145 and it is a really great gun and has never failed at all and it amazingly accurate and easy to shoot. Do not get a gen 1 gun, gen 2 was good and now the gen 3 models have the single action first pull with a second strike capability and the best of the bunch. The gen 3 models will have straight 8 style sights also. The 145 is the seemingly most popular model of that series. Other questions just ask!

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    Also, you can go here for info from the actual owners:

Taurus Armed.net - Index

Also, there is the Mil Pro pistols and there are the newer 24/7 C (compact) pistols also that may end up replacing the Mil Pro series. They are really close and I could see the 24/7 replacing them, though I do not know this. 24/7 .45 is not out yet, but due anytime.

hunter7.3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Also, you can go here for info from the actual owners:

Taurus Armed.net - Index

Also, there is the Mil Pro pistols and there are the newer 24/7 C (compact) pistols also that may end up replacing the Mil Pro series. They are really close and I could see the 24/7 replacing them, though I do not know this. 24/7 .45 is not out yet, but due anytime.

Thanks for the input guys and I will check this sight out!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    My first carry gun was a Taurus PT140 Millennium Pro in .40. I got it because it was cheap and concealable (G26 size) and I didn't know much about guns.

I WISH I had just saved and bought my G19 FIRST. But then again maybe I wouldn't appreciate my 19 now. Who knows.

The Taurus trigger was TERRIBLE. The entire gun was top-heavy. Magazines were like $45/each. Recoil was super snappy. And reliability left something to be desired.

I later sold it and added a few bucks for a new G19. Best decision ever.

:twocents:

hunter7.3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    My first carry gun was a Taurus PT140 Millennium Pro in .40. I got it because it was cheap and concealable (G26 size) and I didn't know much about guns.

I WISH I had just saved and bought my G19 FIRST. But then again maybe I wouldn't appreciate my 19 now. Who knows.

The Taurus trigger was TERRIBLE. The entire gun was top-heavy. Magazines were like $45/each. Recoil was super snappy. And reliability left something to be desired.

I later sold it and added a few bucks for a new G19. Best decision ever.

:twocents:

So why does most everyone love the G19. Is just a great because it's a great carry gun or what. I am just asking because if I am going to spen money on somehting, I want to weigh all my options first.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I like my 19 because it is incredibly reliable, easy to carry, durable, time tested, trigger pull is the same every time, simple to operate, and goes bang every time I pull the trigger.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    hunter it would be great if you could shoot both pistols side-by-side. If you know someone who already has a PT145 I'd be more than willing to bring the G19 and let you try it.

Glocks just WORK, and they do it every time.

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    I am trying to find out as much info I can on the taurus pt145. ... I was wondering if you guys could give me your thoughts on what you think of it and maybe a good place to buy one.

If you are in Indy, I'd be glad to get you a quote on one.
    PM me if interested.

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    So why does most everyone love the G19. Is just a great because it's a great carry gun or what. I am just asking because if I am going to spen money on somehting, I want to weigh all my options first.
    First reason and by far the best reason to get a G19. IT'S A GLOCK.
    Other great things about the G19:
    Size
    Capacity
    reliability
    caliber
    aftermarket options
    recoil
    concealability
    versatility

But much of this you can sum up by saying....It's a Glock :rockwoot:

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    I was looking at a pt38s taurus before i bought my glock, the taurus by far fit my hand better and felt more natural than any glock has before. I ended up with a 17 more the less due to a good deal, plus 9mm ammo was half if not less than half of the price of 38 super.....although the 38s is more of a fit for my individualistic personality, I chose conformity for the time being

Top Bottom