• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunlover85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Goshen
    I'm looking for a personal carry handgun. I'm leaning towards the Glock 26 and was wondering if anyone on here would be willing to meet me to let me check it out and possibly shoot it.

I had a Glock 19 and really liked it but it's to big for me to conceal carry it. I'm wanting to buy a Glock 26 because, from what I've read, it's smaller. All the gun shops around here are pretty hit and miss on what they have in stock at the moment so finding a place to go in and check one out has been interesting to say the least. I would even be open to suggestions on a firing range near me that rents out guns to shoot.

I live in Goshen which is halfway between South Bend and Fort Wayne.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I hope you can find someone to let you check one out because the G26 is not that much smaller than the G19 (shorter grip, shorter barrel, same width). I am a big Glock fan (G 19 & G17 & looking for G26) but there are lots of great single stack 9mm's on the market (LC9, PF9, Sig P290, etc) that I think are better for CCWs. I just bought a Shield 9mm for exactly these reasons.

gunlover85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Goshen
    A big thank you to Dead Duck Aka Richard for meeting me and my husband and letting me check out his Glock 26! We really appreciated it.

AlwaysVigilant

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2013
    Michigan, by way of Indianapolis
    I love the 26 and carry it often. I carry AIWB in kydex, and use a 19 length holster (fits both of them as I carry both). The 19 holster helps balance the smaller gun nicely, and the difference in the grip length really helps conceal it. It shoots better than the rest of the micros, because it isn't one.

If you need deep concealment, the Shield is the best IMHO...again not the smallest...but it has a nice trigger. For ultra deep or pocket carry, I have the Sig P290...dead accurate, gets back on target quick, and hides anywhere the J frame does. Trigger doesn't hold a candle to the Shield...or the 26, however.

ThoughtPolice

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    St. Joe County
    I've had my 4th Gen glock 26 for almost a year now; it’s always been pleasant to shoot.

There is an indoor gun range in Elkhart, if you'd want to go there I'd let you shoot it. (Assuming they have 9mm ammo to shoot!)

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    G19 is to big? Thats the first time Ive heard somebody say that...

I'm 6 foot, 160 and I barely feel comfortable with my G27 on most days.

I wear pretty tight fitting clothing, so it is hard for me to easily carry thick or long stocked pistols without printing.

Top Bottom