• ...and so much more!
  • warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    Have you shoot a 1911 before? If you are uneducated about the 1911 I would recommend you go to a shooting range and try as many brands as they rent. You may find that you want or need more than an entry level gun. For me I need the frame/trigger guard area relieved giving me a higher grip for better control. Granted you can up grade an entry level gun but it might be cheaper to save another $100-$200 and get the gun you would be upgrading to imitate. Most of the time buying parts to upgrade with and having them put on cost more than the new gun with the parts. Also look at used you can get much more gun for your money. Personally I like Colts but carry an STI. More bang for the buck.

I have not seen a Metro Arms American Classic Trophy but like the pictures and list of upgrades they do. It should be in the Rock Island Arms price range. Have fun getting your first 1911. If you are like most it will not be your last.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Big daddy's guns in Hagerstown. Case full of 1911's, Colts, Remington R and R1 Enhanced, S&W Pro Series, Springfields, RIA's. If he doesn't have it you do not need it. :D

fatvette

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Brownsburg, Indiana
    Big daddy's guns in Hagerstown. Case full of 1911's, Colts, Remington R and R1 Enhanced, S&W Pro Series, Springfields, RIA's. If he doesn't have it you do not need it. :D

Drove out to this place today from Indy. They had guns but not worth the price. Ruger SR1911 for $829...no thanks. Not worth the drive. Bradis had it for $759 an that was over priced..

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Drove out to this place today from Indy. They had guns but not worth the price. Ruger SR1911 for $829...no thanks. Not worth the drive. Bradis had it for $759 an that was over priced..

Their prices are higher, maybe they'll deal? Being out in nowhere maybe they can get away with it for those that don't want to drive to Indy where there's some competition.

mjblazor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011
    I have 800.00 and looking for input to get the best bang for my bucks. Any advice would be appreciated. This will be my first 1911. I know inventory sucks everywhere right now, where would be the best place to start my search?

I recently bought a Colt Commander and first shot at 10 yards (first time ever shooting a 1911) was inside 10 ring. I was surprised at how smooth it handled the 45 rounds (again, never shot 45's either). For $800 you could get a basic Colt. They have other models with bells and whistles but Colt will hold value if wanting to move up later. I got that one cuz my dad gave me a NIB and unfired Colt WW1 repro model w/the nice Calbonia blueing they did on those. It's too pretty to shoot but got me wanting another so i could shoot. Was going to buy a Remington R1 until I found I could get the Colt.

Jreed21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The Indiana gun club in fishers by geist is indianas best kept secret for pistols. They have the best selection I have seen, even with all the madness. Their selection of 1911's is outstanding. Every brand there is, from SA to nighthawk customs and wilson combat. I just picked up a Kimber pro TLE II the other day for 950.00. I plan on getting a full size in about a month.

Big Ram

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Get a Sig Sauer 1911. I bought one and they have black grips and no night sights but you can get it for $800

Top Bottom