Wanna know what Chicago will do with it's stimulus money?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Some of it is "very controversial."

WTF??? 80% of the general population is AGAINST a bailout altogether, and they have the guts to step up and say "our plans for the money are very controversial." My sympathies to the people of Chicago and Illinois in general.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    This shovel ready crap is making me throw up. The "Economic Development Commission" in my area keeps saying we need shovel ready sites to attract new businesses. They've designated 2 new sites and now they are wanting to put in a tax increment financing district on these 2 sites to cover getting water and sewer to. Nevermind these areas are a couple miles from already existing sewer. Doesn't make a lot of sense to attract business when you throw a special tax on them from the get go. I think just about all county officials need to be run out on a rail.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    If they are doing "projects" that have ANY environmental impact, then they have to keep it quiet. I have been to CHI-town a bunch of times. You fart, the environmentalists say that you are polluting the lake and killing some species of scuumcrawler I could care less about.

On the other hand, this sounds like "contractors scratching politic's back" for money sitiuation, all too common in Chicago. Why didnt they make Chicago out of wood the last time so it could burn down again...? :D

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    If they are doing "projects" that have ANY environmental impact, then they have to keep it quiet. I have been to CHI-town a bunch of times. You fart, the environmentalists say that you are polluting the lake and killing some species of scuumcrawler I could care less about.

On the other hand, this sounds like "contractors scratching politic's back" for money sitiuation, all too common in Chicago. Why didnt they make Chicago out of wood the last time so it could burn down again...? :D

Yup. It sounds like he wants to give those contracts to his cronies. They will most likely do a half-assed job but gladly take all of the money supplied by us.

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The stimulus package, (if it passes), there is a stipulation written into the bill that states "as the money is used, there must be a posting in public record where the $$$ are being spent", or the Fed will stop paying AND take the money back.

This roughly states what I understood with the working Bill, at least that
    what was "Reported"...:dunno:

TK :patriot:

Top Bottom