• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9lock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Classified
    Well done! I happen to like the mag release, just use your index finger. I love my P99 and the PPQ is next in my sights.

huskymt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Nevada
    Thanks for the great review; you confirmed my suspicions about how good the PPQ is. I was jones’en for the HK P30, but after handling both and watching your review I will defiantly go with the PPQ. By the way I’m VERY curious about how you are able to come by all the weapons you review. Do you buy these guns or are they on loan or maybe a little bit of both? How about doing a little autobiography video about you because I’m sure I’m not the only one who wants’ to know. Keep up the great work you are the best out there by far!
    Mike T.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Thanks for the great review; you confirmed my suspicions about how good the PPQ is. I was jones’en for the HK P30, but after handling both and watching your review I will defiantly go with the PPQ. By the way I’m VERY curious about how you are able to come by all the weapons you review. Do you buy these guns or are they on loan or maybe a little bit of both? How about doing a little autobiography video about you because I’m sure I’m not the only one who wants’ to know. Keep up the great work you are the best out there by far!
    Mike T.
    I think HK kind of dropped the ball with the P30, not making it striker fired. I owned a P30 for a short while and decided I didn't care for it. The Walther is much better, IMHO.

Most of the guns I feature in videos I purchase. Some I get on loan. Most often I'll buy something, shoot it until I decide if I like it or not, then trade it for something else.

I don't know that I'll ever make a video about myself... I wouldn't know what to say. :D However, if you have specific questions I would be more than glad to answer them.

I'm glad you enjoy the videos, I enjoy making them and sharing them with our community.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Good shootin' Tim! That group was tight!
    The guns shoot surprisingly well. It's not often I can pick up a new gun and get it to shoot like that. I can shoot Glocks like that and 1911's... but most other handguns require some practice before I shoot them reasonably well. The PPQ fit my hand like a glove and the trigger is nothing short of amazing for a striker fired factory gun.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Nice review! I'll be honest when I first saw this pistol I thought it looked kinda.. odd. But I'll be honest the gun is starting to grow on me.. hmm they say a new Bond movie is due in Nov 2012.. I wonder if this is gonna make an appearance...? :D

Barua

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2011
    Eagle Creek
    I love my PPQ. Just wish that it fired that accurately out of the box. I needed to adjust my rear sights, it was firing to the left.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Keep in mind that things like windage settings vary from shooter to shooter. It depends on how you hold the gun. I've picked up guns that shot left, but after getting used to them and adjusting my grip, I discovered they shot to point of aim. There's a good chance that I could have picked up your PPQ and shot it to point of aim without making any sight adjustments.

But there's also the few guns that make it out that the sights don't align properly with the bore and require that they are adjust one way or the other.

QingLong

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I've gotten really used to the trigger release on my P22 and SW99, so I guess I'm kind of locked into the Walther design now; I always have a bit of a pause when shooting other guns while I fumble with my index finger for a magazine release that isn't there. The PPQ is almost certainly my next purchase, edging out the M&P ever so slightly.

One question, though...with no decocker, once the slide is racked, the gun is in permanent ready-to-fire SA mode? Guess I'll have to do as the reviewer said, and be more than usually conscious of keeping my finger off the trigger.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    When loaded the PPQ isn't much different than a Glock, XD or M&P in a similar state. You need to be careful not to put your finger on the trigger until you are ready to shoot and get a good holster for the weapon that you practice with regularly. I prefer striker fired autos that lack manual safeties for carry guns as they have fewer failure points than more complex weapons.

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    Great review! Thanks.

I'm currently torn between the P99 and the PPQ as my go-to piece.

One thing I wasn't sure of from the review; you mentioned there's no de-cocker up top. Does that mean no decocker AT ALL? That's a bit worrisome.

Tony

Top Bottom