Walther PPK/S magazine drops...without mag release depressed?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deltaecho

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Hey all,

Pops has a Walther PPK/S, Interarms, in .380 ACP. I was experimenting with using it as a carry gun, but it has a horrifying defect that I can't trust my life to. After seating the magazine (and making sure it's secure) and firing the first round, the magazine drops from the gun about 1 in 4 shots. Obviously this is no bueno. Both magazines exhibit this defect, so I'm certain it's the gun and not the mags.

Anyone else have this problem or can they suggest a fix?

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury

juans

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 30, 2013
    indianapolis
    Please post after you solve the problem as I was considering buying one Walther PPK. If you can not solve the problem, I may not buy one

thanks

Juan

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I thought
    Hey all,

Pops has a Walther PPK/S, Interarms, in .380 ACP. I was experimenting with using it as a carry gun, but it has a horrifying defect that I can't trust my life to. After seating the magazine (and making sure it's secure) and firing the first round, the magazine drops from the gun about 1 in 4 shots. Obviously this is no bueno. Both magazines exhibit this defect, so I'm certain it's the gun and not the mags.

Is that not normal for that model. You just have to keep your pinky in position to hold the mag in. No big deal.....

Anyone else have this problem or can they suggest a fix?

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Probably needs a new spring. I guess it could be a broken mag release button or the frame is worn out from use. I kind of doubt that it is the later.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Years ago I had a PPK/s that did the exact same thing. I ended up sending it back to Walther and they fixed it. Something to do with the mag release.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    duct-tape.jpg

:thumbsup:

Sorry, somebody had to do it...

chipsher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Logansport
    i've had that problem when I practice rapid fire left handed, no problem at all right handed. The harder I grip the gun (left handed) the sooner the mag drops.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    My POS AMT Backup .380 was doing that..... It has that same heel-clip magazine catch. With that gun (AMT), the hammer spring and the heel-catch spring are one and the same. I was also getting light primer strikes and that is how I figured out what the magazine problem was. I had been thinking that my pinkie finger was tripping the heel-clip on recoil with the gun being so tiny and all, but after fixing the hammer spring I found the magazine dropping was fixed too.

Top Bottom