• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mini-14

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    New Palestine,In
    Picked up a P22 yesterday. Nice gun. I really like the looks and feel. Thought it would be a great pistol for the grandkids to start off with. Couple things i dont like tho. Dont care for the mag release built into the trigger guard. It's small and kinda hard to release the mag. Safety lever is also very tight. Hopefully that will loosen up over time.

shamowfski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    I got used to the mag release (still isn't great, but works fine for me). My girlfriend (who is the primary shooter) can't reach it without repositioning her hands. My safety has freed up a little bit, but still isn't great, kind of gritty feeling. I have about 600 rounds of mini-mags through it. No problems at all so far. Need to get some more mags though. RimfireCentral.com - Hobby and Info Source For All Rimfire Caliber Ammo and Firearms has a lot of good info on them in the walther forum.

WHITE_WOLFE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    Greenfield
    Cool little guns. I shoot mine in the garage.

P22withcan004.jpg

P22withcan006.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2013
    I love shooting my P22. I stumbled across someone selling the P22 Viridian green laser on eBay so I picked that up for pretty cheap. It's pretty powerful, bright enough to see in the middle of the day.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    This revival thread makes me realize that I haven't taken either of our P22's out for a walk in several months. Pretty sure they will find their way into my range bag this weekend now. :D

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Picked up a P22 yesterday. Nice gun. I really like the looks and feel. Thought it would be a great pistol for the grandkids to start off with. Couple things i dont like tho. Dont care for the mag release built into the trigger guard. It's small and kinda hard to release the mag. Safety lever is also very tight. Hopefully that will loosen up over time.

I got used to the mag release (still isn't great, but works fine for me). My girlfriend (who is the primary shooter) can't reach it without repositioning her hands. My safety has freed up a little bit, but still isn't great, kind of gritty feeling. I have about 600 rounds of mini-mags through it. No problems at all so far. Need to get some more mags though. RimfireCentral.com - Hobby and Info Source For All Rimfire Caliber Ammo and Firearms has a lot of good info on them in the walther forum.

What I've found that works best for me with trigger guard mag releases is to use the middle finger of my shooting hand. I had a P22 and have a few HK USP's and this works best for me.

flyboy84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    Last year I put somewhere around 2k or more rounds through my p22. Its fun to shoot and practice with. Do you guys have the 5" barrel or the shorter. mine is shorter and wondered how the 5 inch compares.

Top Bottom