• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    I have a friend looking for an economical Ruger 10/22, he tells me that WalMart sells them. I admit that I do buy some ammo from them in Brownsburg but have never seen rifles there. I thought that was a dead deal. Is there any Wally Worlds that sell rifles in the Indianapolis area or is he wrong? Maybe its just away from the "Big City".

My question is how does Bradis, BGF, and PSS compare in price? I'm sure that Wally is only going to have the basic model, but its going to be modded I think. What should he start with?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I read a report a couple months back sayign that Walmart was trying to get back into selling guns to help boost sales. Maybe they started to already in some places? The only guns they sell in Northern Virginia are bb guns and maybe some paintball guns.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Plenty of 10/22s at local Wal-Marts here in the south. But we are FAR from the Big Town.
    Actually, my local gun store is about $10.00, give or take, cheaper than Wal-Mart on Ruger 10/22s. This doesn't hold true for a lot of other rifles, but it does for the 10/22.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Walmart buys their firearms from the same distributors that the gun shops buy from. It's the same quality, etc.

That being said, I haven't found their pricing that great. As previously stated, I have found they are usually $10-15 higher than the other local dealers.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    The Clarksville WM has rifles, an pretty much the same thing, their prices were not real great, but the did have a few good prices on some of the cheaper Remington models

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    The Martinsville Walmart has only gotten them back in the last month or so. They are also cheaper than most everyone around here (here being Hendricks, Morgan, Johnson and Marion Counties).

Even though they are cheaper I refuse to buy from them, too much China sold there for me.... now if I can get my wife to break the China-Mart habit we'll be all good.

toyotaslave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Princeton
    Anybody know if the Evansville WalMarts carry rifles? Or how their selection on ammo runs? I just hate going in there without a purpose...

jon159753

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Avon, IN
    I hate wal-mart!

If you want a rifle go to the gun store. Bradis will kill any price you have seen anywhere. I have bought ammo from them for less than I could online.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    The Martinsville Walmart has only gotten them back in the last month or so. They are also cheaper than most everyone around here (here being Hendricks, Morgan, Johnson and Marion Counties).

Even though they are cheaper I refuse to buy from them, too much China sold there for me.... now if I can get my wife to break the China-Mart habit we'll be all good.

I agree with you. i will not buy a firearm from walmart. even if they are cheaper i would much rather throw down some extra money and put it towards a locally owned gun store.

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    Back before our chinaMart became a supercenter they had guns. They once had a swinging deal on 10-.22s. Stainless, laminated Manlicher stock, black nylon sling. Hadda have one. Too pretty to shoot. She's now a safe queen.

Top Bottom