• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    So I'm at the local Walmart with my wife and child. They are doing some shopping so I decided to go to the sporting goods, as I get there I notice the glass door to the guns is unlocked. Right in front of there AR section. I look around and find no one around, also the gate to the counter is wide open. Then to top it all off. I see the keys to everything on the back side of the counter. I was shocked!!! I stayed there as got on the entercom for a manager to come over ASAP. Finally 10 mins later I see a guy walking up. He asked me of I needed help. I told him I was the one that called over there phone and told him everything that was wrong. I then told him that of an ATF or someone came in and saw that yet could easily lose there license to sell firearms. I was completely shocked. I could of easily grabbed a rifle unlocked it an loaded up a mag and went to town of the store. It was that easy, I took a picture of the open glass window and will post it as soon as I can. I'm not sure how to do it from a cell phone. But I wanted to let everyone know of this situation.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    So I'm at the local Walmart with my wife and child. They are doing some shopping so I decided to go to the sporting goods, as I get there I notice the glass door to the guns is unlocked. Right in front of there AR section. I look around and find no one around, also the gate to the counter is wide open. Then to top it all off. I see the keys to everything on the back side of the counter. I was shocked!!! I stayed there as got on the entercom for a manager to come over ASAP. Finally 10 mins later I see a guy walking up. He asked me of I needed help. I told him I was the one that called over there phone and told him everything that was wrong. I then told him that of an ATF or someone came in and saw that yet could easily lose there license to sell firearms. I was completely shocked. I could of easily grabbed a rifle unlocked it an loaded up a mag and went to town of the store. It was that easy, I took a picture of the open glass window and will post it as soon as I can. I'm not sure how to do it from a cell phone. But I wanted to let everyone know of this situation.

And yet, NOTHING HAPPENED.

donballz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    It's an interesting world view that thinks one tiny metal slide lock is the only thing that prevents the casual Walmart shopper from going on a killing spree.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    My walmart has boat paddles just sitting out on their own. I can't believe someone hasn't grabbed one and started beating people with it. Its a dangerous place.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond

If you have a smart phone you can download the free Photobucket app and download your pics to there if you have a PB account. You can also send your pic to Facebook & then download it to your PC to download here. There's other places you can send it to from your phone. Those are the main ones I use. I'm sure others probably know other places to send your pics to so you can download it.

When you go to post it here just make sure you click on the yellow box with the hill (above in the middle) & then post the link in the pop up box. You may have to clear the http: from the box when it pops up before you post your link.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What about gun shops that just leave guns on the floor in racks?

Come to think of it I was in INGO's Gun Shoppe of the Year and they had all these guns on the floor. Any crazed lunatic, or lawyer (but I repeat myself), could just walk up and coonfinger them.

Film at 11.:D

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    Ooops!!! Glad you stood by and contacted the right people to get those firearms secured. They should give you one for free for your inconvenience.

Another reason I avoid Walmart.

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    1-800-walmart can solve a lot of problems.I bet corporate would be very interested in this nonsense. Cameras are no substitute for a brain. :)

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    And yet, NOTHING HAPPENED.

Surprise, reality is only a few people in society have any truly ill intent, much less the balls to carry out the said intent.

Doesn't surprise me... For that matter does someone really think glass is going to keep someone from taking that gun if they're intent on doing something that drastic?

Top Bottom