• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Funny quote that I heard from one of their managers today. Another worker told him that 2 of their workers sold 3 of each brand to a customer instead of only 3 boxes. He responded, "We are going to get in trouble with the government." WTF
    Do they actually believe this or do they have upper management that tell them this crap? I've heard some of you mentioned this before that some of their managers must be drinking the Obama Kool-Aid. This is the second time I've experienced this belief of the Gov. is watching over you crap.

bhowell34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Greenwood
    I'd like to think this isn't really happening but with all the past government scaldals who knows whats really going on with this ammo shortage. Seems fishy to me

merotek

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    New Albany
    Funny quote that I heard from one of their managers today. Another worker told him that 2 of their workers sold 3 of each brand to a customer instead of only 3 boxes. He responded, "We are going to get in trouble with the government." WTF
    Do they actually believe this or do they have upper management that tell them this crap? I've heard some of you mentioned this before that some of their managers must be drinking the Obama Kool-Aid. This is the second time I've experienced this belief of the Gov. is watching over you crap.

The associates create their own stories and rumors. Of course there is no government stipulations of any sort, Walmart put the three box limit in place to keep resellers from clearing the shelf in one swoop.

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Over a month ago, a cashier was asking another worker if they heard about the new girl selling over $800 to a customer at Rural King. They were so scared that security, I'm guessing corporate security, was going to investigate. There is no law, it's just company policy right now. People need to just chill out.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Something strange going on, not just Walmart policy, was talking to gun shop owner today and she told me that ammo companies are working 24/7 but she has not received any 357 mag since November. Also she is having a difficult time supplying the local police department.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Ammunition is ran in batches. They don't have a seperate line for each cartridge. Right now they have their lines set up for the most popular rounds. .223, .308, .45 and 9mm is starting to grace shelves again.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    They must have "the government" confused with "the store manager" or "the corporate HQ in Bentonville, Arkansas". Happens all the time.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Remember, these are the folks who work at Wal-mart. Often times they are the folks who SHOULD work at Wally world. Not everyone can be a rocket surgeon. (me included)

(apologies to any INGO members who work there. No offense intended)

DaveO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Washington IN.
    I actually took some .22 long rifle back into my favorite local shop and sold it to them so they would have some on the shelf to sell to customers buying guns and wanting to shoot them. No, I did not make any profit. I watched an individual bring in his wife and several friends to WalMart and clear out a shipment of .22 before they were even able to put any on the shelf. Poeple like this are the problem.

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    I actually took some .22 long rifle back into my favorite local shop and sold it to them so they would have some on the shelf to sell to customers buying guns and wanting to shoot them. No, I did not make any profit. I watched an individual bring in his wife and several friends to WalMart and clear out a shipment of .22 before they were even able to put any on the shelf. Poeple like this are the problem.

I hate those poeple too!

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Went to Walmart today and manager says we should really have someone staffed here to just sell ammo. You think? The managers get stuck there on the weekends and they seem not to enjoy it. They started to bring out the ammo now at random times.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    You hear the craziest things at Wal-Mart; my son was buying a video game, Assassin's Creed, and he dropped the game on the belt. The clerk told me that I had to put it on the belt because she would get fired if she rung up the game for child. I told her I was buying the game and was going to pay for it. Didn't matter since the last person that touched the game was the buyer.

Funny how this rule didn't apply when I was buying ammo.

Top Bottom