• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Desperate times call for desperate measures.I have been in villages in Mexico that were in fear of their own police departments because the police departments were the pawns of the local drug lords.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Yeah, in my opinion the whole country is corrupt. I retired from my job as an Engineer 6 ~7 years ago. The company I worked for had a plant in Juarez, Mexico. The last few years before my retirement I had to travel there several times to straighten out manufacturing issues. Always stayed in El Paso and made it a point to be back in the US before dark! It was bad enough then, couldn't pay me enough to go there now!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Anyone that has even seen the local LEO's in these areas know to stay away from them. Even in Cobo San Lucas they are a corrupt bunch.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    If that had happened here the government would have stepped in and thrown the lot in jail.
    Stating that you have to work with in the law.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    This is a quote from the article, "The vigilantes claim they are fighting violence, kidnap and extortion by drug cartels - but there are fears that the groups are violating human rights of those they detain and cooperating with criminals." That is part of the trouble. Who are these vigilantes, REALLY, and what is their motive?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    This is a quote from the article, "The vigilantes claim they are fighting violence, kidnap and extortion by drug cartels - but there are fears that the groups are violating human rights of those they detain and cooperating with criminals." That is part of the trouble. Who are these vigilantes, REALLY, and what is their motive?

My guess is... They've simply had enough.

If every child you ever had was kidnapped by the cartels, and the same thing was happening every day to your friends, and you watched your towns and cities ruled cartels. Well, likely that after enough of it, you'd be ready to take things as far as they needed to go as well.

Uprisings aren't always smooth, especially with lack of good leadership. Of course there will be screw ups, but the media won't care unless a tourist gets injured.

Top Bottom