Visited Bass Pro Shop in Clarkville, over the weekend.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon812

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Paoli
    Never been in one before. It's big, 3 level. Walk around first level checking things out. Made my way upstairs. Slowly getting to the hunting section. Lots of people around the gun counter. Got closer and well, its like a desert inside the case. Boy, lots of invisible guns on sale that day. Did see a sub-compact xdm9, 1 berreta 92fs I think. All the Ruger gone, taurus gone. Most like everything. Went to look at the ammo rack. Hmmmm, i found myself and a bunch if other guys staring at empty shelf. It was expected, still kinda supprise to see it first hand. Anyway it was a goid trip. Plenty of customers therevthat day, even though it was raining out. Fun to say the least.

Last edited:

Jason R. Bruce

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I've been in there a hundred times, never realized it had three levels? The Dicks down the sidewalk (same complex) used to have inventory on things like deer slugs after BassPro had sold out... but in this market, their shelves are more barren than BP.

Brandon812

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Paoli
    Yeah, I see the stairs to go up. But I think the bar are up there. They were closed that day though. Nothing retail on 3rd level I dont think. I did see Dick's but didn't go in.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I've been in there a hundred times, never realized it had three levels? The Dicks down the sidewalk (same complex) used to have inventory on things like deer slugs after BassPro had sold out... but in this market, their shelves are more barren than BP.

The third level is the long closed resteraunt. Bass pro is cool and I but a variety of stuff there, not guns though. $$$

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    The first couple years it was open, Clarksville Bass Pro had reasonable prices on most of their firearms-related merchandise.

Sometime in 2010, however, they jacked their prices on reloading components up pretty substantially over the span of maybe 2 weeks.

Can't wait until the Cabelas opens in Louisville in the next few months...

Brandon812

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Paoli
    I guess im outta luck due to my work schedules. Only get Sunday off. Once in awhile I would go down to Louisville, if cabela open up one there, I will make a trip. 2hrs drive for me though.

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    Your best bet is to be there when they open.

I went to the St. Louis Cabelas Sunday and was an hour early because I thought they opened at 9:00. As I drove through the parking lot there was a guy, all bundled up sitting in a chair by the front door?? Surely im missing something here? Could he have been camping for ammo?

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Lol I tried to go to that Cabelas once and had the same problem. I totally forgot it was in another time zone. It's too bad, I really enjoyed the one in Dundee Michigan.

tj_v89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    I went to the St. Louis Cabelas Sunday and was an hour early because I thought they opened at 9:00. As I drove through the parking lot there was a guy, all bundled up sitting in a chair by the front door?? Surely im missing something here? Could he have been camping for ammo?

Ammo campers....gotta love em....

tj_v89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    never understood why they closed that resturant, food was good, was always busy, especially on weekends and evenings.

^^^Agree^^^

Every time that I ate there, I enjoyed the food/service AND it was usually fairly busy. Weird. :dunno:

Top Bottom