• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Perhaps "undeniable truth" was too much. Reflects a bit of bias on my part.

How about "incontrovertible facts"? :popcorn:

;)

The results of a scientific experiment are simply an observation. Further observation may find that the experiment was performed erroneously, or that the facts actually do not support such a conclusion, or that new observations falsify the results of past ones.

Nobody has "undeniable truth" or "incontrovertible facts" in science. Science is, by its nature, a method of analysis that denies anyone a monopoly on reality. That is actually what makes science so persuasive--that everyone must submit to fact checking and the empirical rule, and nobody can claim, regardless of the evidence presented, to have "undeniable truth."

Modern science is a product of the enlightenment...and for good reason!

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Missing the Nuge on the list.

He's certainly very far from being a libertarian as well.

He's a hyper-nationalist, lock down the border type conservative. These views are inconsistent with support for a free market economy, which is central to libertarian ideology.

Free trade of labor is just as important as goods and services, and anyone who wants to up a political boundary to competition in labor does not support a free market, and is therefore not a libertarian.

Besides Stossel, the most prominent libertarian I can think of on TV/involved in media is Dennis Miller. I would say that Howard Stern is similar. As is Mancow Muller if you guys have heard of him and his show.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    The results of a scientific experiment are simply an observation...

Here is my observation:

"An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity."

I will cede that my conclusion from this observation may not follow a purely scientific method of analysis

...but seriously, screw being an unarmed man. :laugh:

:cheers:

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Watching it right now. The Brady guy grasping at straws. So far 10 minutes in most of his counter arguments against Lott is either "other researchers have found differently." or "other factors contributed to the decline in crime not more guns." This is going to be interesting.

Top Bottom