• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    So, maybe going to an Indians game here soon, interested to know what their policies are? If nothing explicit, do they wand you or metal detector arch?

Wanting to CC there due to the less than fun parking situation of downtown on Saturdays invariably making you park in just that right place for a mugging, lol.

Thanks!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Last couple times I went to a game, it was ESG security, and they just stood there. No wand, no patdown, just open doors.

Might be using CSC these days, so I don't know how it's changed.

bluestanger66

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I went to a game last year and left my sidearm in the car. When I got to security, the had a random pat down. Guess I was glad to leave it in the car. Although I am not sure what they could have done if I still had it on me with my LTCH.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    They could've asked you to leave,that's about it.If they were ignorant enough,they could get the law involved and that's an unnecessary hassle,even though you can't truly get in legal trouble.I would like to know though if someone is willing to be a guinea pig as the family occasionally does like to attend a game.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I went to a game a couple weeks ago and didn't get the wand. They scanned my ticket and I walked on through. They do search bags though. I don't know what their policy on firearms is either.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I went to a game last season using the Pepsi can coupon and CC'd my Glock 26 in the pocket. No metal detectors, wanding, or pat downs. I did see them looking in bags but that was about it.

Like I said, that was last season. Things might be different now.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    DH, we hit up a game 2 weekends ago. We parked at the museum garage and walked in the 3rd base gate, nothing stopped us beyond me having to shuffle our print-at-home tix so the guy could scan each of them. I doubt I could have OC'd or CC'd OWB, but IWB or pocket carry would have been a slam dunk.

Turfweazel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I have to say I enjoy a few beers with those hotdogs during a game, so the Glock stays at home. Call it a weakness of mine...

you have to watch mixing guns and those hotdogs.

Are there any professional sports that allow carry? I would think they could get more attendance if we could carry freely.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    The last game I went to, several years ago, I carried my glock 23 in a fanny pack, no searches, just walked right in, and said hello to the guard inside the gate. Enjoyed the game.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Was there today, no wanding, just looked in wife and daughter's purses

I was there as well. Security didn't look at anything when mom & I walked in. Ticket taker just scanned the tickets and we went right in the center field gate. Chilly day, but the Indians continued their winning ways.

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    We go to at least a dozen games per year. I've never been wanded or patted down, or seen it done to anyone else.

They do check bags. Last night they made my wife return a plastic container of roasted almonds to the car. Apparently that is a highly dangerous item...

Top Bottom