• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Really makes you think... Stupid government messes up everything.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpZtX32sKVE&feature=pyv&ad=6739540474&kw=fraud[/ame]

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Thanks. I had not gotten pissed off yet today and that little clip did it for me. Nice post and thanks again. I will share it.

haha
    That vid will surely do the trick huh. "It's an education NOT a corporation"

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I've been saying for years that they need to do away with student loans if you ever want to see lower tuition rates. But what do I know, I'm just a dumb high school grad who will gross over $70k this year and not one penny of that will go to pay a single student loan.

I started my job at $10.95 an hour and now make $22 for a base wage of $44k per year. 6 years ago, I went through a maintenance trainee program through my employer. They used Ivy Tech in Lafayette to teach the classes. Ivy Tech hired "instructors" off of the street to teach these classes. One instructor would regularly black out during class. We complained to our employer and the Ivy Tech rep about it and Ivy Tech did nothing but make excuses for him. Ivy Tech swindled my employer out of many thousands of dollars on our classes. Of the 3 days a week for 3 months, I learned very little that actually apply to my job. If I had paid for these classes out of my pocket, I would have been enraged at the rip off.

Of the engineers that I've worked with at work, a tenth of them wouldn't have a clue how to open a tool box and actually work on the crap they design. They have no aptitude for the line of work they are in. They just thought it would be a good paying career.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    A couple weeks ago, one of the lead engineers asked me if I had a college degree and I told him no. He said he's looking to hire a mechanical engineer and a mechanical engineer tech and wanted me for the job. I told him no and he said that I'd have to have a 2 or 4 year degree and it didn't really matter what the degree was in. I asked him what it paid because I was already over $60k for the year. He looked at me with a **** eating grin and said he couldn't afford me then.

He then went on to ask me if I had any experience with Auto Cad hoping to see if that would qualify me for the job. Granted, I put in a lot more hours than our typical engineer at my job but I'm paid overtime. The engineers are strictly salary and put in more than 40 hours a week. Dollars per hour, I'll come out ahead of them every time.

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    It's pretty common knowledge (or is getting more widespread) now. It's cycle of rate increases and the government needs to get out of education.

Just more proof that everything is more expensive when the government makes it free...or backs your loans.

Top Bottom