Verizon 4G coming to South Bend Oct 20!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pyroponce

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    South Bend
    Verizon press release

On Thursday, Oct. 20, Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE network will be available in Birmingham, Ala.; Modesto and Stockton, Calif.; Fort Myers, Fla.; Bloomington, Elkhart, Evansville, South Bend and Terre Haute, Ind.; Sioux City, Iowa; Hagerstown, Md.; Tupelo, Miss.; Albuquerque and Santa Fe, N.M.; Buffalo, N.Y.; Asheville, N.C.; Bartlesville, Okla.; Jackson and Martin, Tenn.; Greater Hampton Roads and Richmond, Va.; and Green Bay, Wis. Verizon Wireless is also expanding its 4G LTE network in Los Angeles and San Diego, Calif.; Washington, D.C.; and Erie, Pa. the same day.

Buying my Thunderbolt in July is finally paying off! Can't wait.

Pyroponce

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    South Bend
    I know Verizon's been testing it around Notre Dame, and I'll get the signal intermittently because of that, but I'm never on that side of town. It'll be nice to have those speeds wherever I go, including Elkhart when I see my parents.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Well I'm in Plymouth and I think we're still analog down here, so I am blinded by hatred and jealousy.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Well I'm in Plymouth and I think we're still analog down here, so I am blinded by hatred and jealousy.

You think we're that advanced? I'm thinking some spots are still being covered by tin cans and a piece of string. Warsaw was just as bad (same with quite a few spots along 30 going to Ft. Wayne).

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    You think we're that advanced? I'm thinking some spots are still being covered by tin cans and a piece of string. Warsaw was just as bad (same with quite a few spots along 30 going to Ft. Wayne).

The area around Rochester is way way worse. No Verizon 3g signal down there at all. I feel like it's the mid 90's when I have to drive down there.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Well if you get away from the big BOOM TOWN of Rochester, quite a few of the residents seem to think it is mid 90s or earlier. An aunt and uncle had a place on Bruce Lake and there seemed to be a slight time warp in quite a few places.

Top Bottom