• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • remman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I've got a regular cab pickup and am looking for a safe that I can bolt down behind the seat or maybe somehow secure beneath the seat. have any of you done this? What did you use? And what do you suggest based on your experience?

remman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Really? Nobody has a safe in the vehicle? I'm looking for something that I could put my carry gun in while I'm at a ball game or something.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I have heard about some, My brother has one something like this already in his Ford Escape, however, is not very large. However, I would suggest this gun safe company, Fort Knox gun safes.
    http://www.ftknox.com/?referredBy=GunDudes

They have some great quality, and I am sure if you contacted them, and let them know what you were doing, they would have some better ideas. Although, does sound like a good idea that you are doing.

Blackdog765

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    I have never purchased from this company, but just found the site the other day when I was thinking about the same thing. Security Briefcase

I have also seen a small lockable box with cable for roughly $35 at places like Fort Liberty Firearms in Indpls.

There is another company that makes Jeep specific aftermarket items, and they have an under seat option as well. Found them through someone posting on INGO about selling some Jeep accessories.

Maybe those ideas help a little? If you find something you like and use, please post back. I'm also considering something similar and am shopping for what other options might be available.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I have never purchased from this company, but just found the site the other day when I was thinking about the same thing. Security Briefcase

I have also seen a small lockable box with cable for roughly $35 at places like Fort Liberty Firearms in Indpls.

There is another company that makes Jeep specific aftermarket items, and they have an under seat option as well. Found them through someone posting on INGO about selling some Jeep accessories.

Maybe those ideas help a little? If you find something you like and use, please post back. I'm also considering something similar and am shopping for what other options might be available.

Thanks for reminding me, While this is mainly a Jeep site, they do have for other vehicles, and they do have a lot of safes for the Jeep that will work in other vehicles as well
    Jeep Parts & Jeep Accessories From The Jeep Parts Experts - Quadratec

remman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I mean when I'm anywhere that it is illegal to carry a gun/when I'm at Victory Field, Conseco Fieldhouse, Lucas Oil, etc.

Those ideas are all good options. Although I couldn't find anything on the Jeep site, I'll keep that site in mind for future reference if I'm ever able to pick up a Jeep.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    TruckVault Secure Storage Solutions :: The World's Leading Manufacturer of Secure Vehicle Storage Solutions

Should be able to find something you like here. I have used this stuff to set up work vans and service trucks. Never used the car stuff.

You can also look for tool storage stuff and remake it fairly easy. I have one of the cable things under the seat, Works but size is limited and with a full size snub revolver I have to remove it from the holster. I could also open it with a tool like a pry bar/claw hammer fairly easy.

railbug

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Noblesville
    I built one out of 1/4 steel, all welded and very heavy. I have a lock built in and a welded handle thet I also us to secure it in the car. I have a cable and lock that is rapped sound the seat frame. I have looked at the factory ones but mine is ten times heavier.

Top Bottom