• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sgt Stoner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Fishers
    Ok I know this has been talked about before but I couldnt find the thread. Im looking for a way to mount my XD 40 in my car. Basically a way to holster it while im driving or if I need to run in somewhere the pistols not allowed.. ie. a bank or sporting event. Ive heard in the past of a holster that attaches to the steering column and another that sits in your cup holder. any ideas?:dunno:

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Fobus vehicle mount.

I use this. I have it fastened to the floor in my Ford Ranger adjacent to my right knee. The pistol is positioned at about the same location as a stick shift in first gear would be. :)

Link: Fobus Holster: UNIVERSAL HOME & VEHICLE MOUNT

uvm.jpg

Fobusmount.jpg

FobusRotoholsterandvehiclemount001.jpg
    FobusRotoholsterandvehiclemount004.jpg

FobusRotoholsterandvehiclemount006.jpg

Last edited:

Rampdog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2011
    Cloverdale
    If you have to leave your gun in the car you can lock it up with one of these

In Car Gun Lockers

I use one in my car. It has a steel cable that wraps around the seat frame and lock inside the gun case preventing someone from walking away with it.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    @ Vince-- does that thing simply screw to the floor pan?

Yes. And all of the hardware is included to mount both the vertical and horizontal mount bases including self drilling(PK)screws.

PS: Man I have just got to clean up my filthy truck!

PPS: On second thought, I am going to the range tomorrow so it will get all muddy anyway! C'est La Vie!

Last edited:

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    so the holster stays attached to this base, and you would carry a separate holster on your person?[/QUOTE

Yes. When I walk out of the house it is in my RF pocket in a Uncle Mike's #4 pocket holster. While driving it is in the Fobus Roto holster and mount. When I exit the vehicle it goes back in my pocket. :D

Miscshoot026.jpg

FobusRotoholsterandvehiclemount002.jpg

PS: I also have a serpa paddle holster I keep under the seat if I want to carry it on my belt. Both the Fobus and the Blackhawk serpa will accommodate any of the standard frame Glocks. Looking on both of the holster mfg. sites it looks like they make holsters that would do the same for other makes and types of pistol as well.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom