• ...and so much more!
  • rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    King Cobras go for a low of about $1000.00 to close to $2000.00 on Gunbroker. I had a stainless 4" one that I wish I'd never sold.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Python? Probably. Blued, no original box, firing marks (cylinder line, light scratches).

Anaconda? Ehhh....BIG ehhh. Definitely without a box, hard wear marks. Maybe get one with some good scratches around the screws where someone tried to take it apart.

Then again, there was that 45 Colt Anaconda about 6 months ago go for only $1500 in the classifieds here. And there are always those people who bought them 30 years ago for $300 and don't know what they're going for now

palerider0485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    just north of muncie.
    anaconda you can get for 1500, the python probably not unless your lucky. these colt revolvers and nice guns, but i dont understand what has driven the price so high, ive shoot and owned pythons, king cobras, anacondas, troopers, there all nice.... no better then a smith n wesson.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I had a King Cobra. Was the first gun I bought about 23 or more years ago. I sold it a long time ago, and I wouldn't personally buy one. Guessing mine was made either on a Monday morning or Friday afternoon. I wish I had kept it long enough to sell it for what they apparently go for today, but that's the only reason I would regret selling it when I did.

Maddog1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    You will find them, just be patient. A very nice Anaconda just sold a few weeks back for $1100.00 at an estate auction in New Haven.

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    You will find them, just be patient. A very nice Anaconda just sold a few weeks back for $1100.00 at an estate auction in New Haven.
    I too was at that auction, and was about to post the same! Considering how overpriced about all the other firearms went, I doubt it was a fluke! VERY clean Anaconda, in stainless, and in the box, IIRC!

I say go buy 2 S&Ws for the same money as one colt!

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Is the 2.5" barrel rare? I have looked at Gun Broker and only see 4" or 6" barrels.

I have thought about selling mine but not sure if I want to give it up.

Last edited:

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I suggest going to many gun show and sitting at the door waiting for one to walk in. You won't find a Python sitting on a table for $1500 even if it has been run over by a truck.

I believe the prices are in a bubble. 4 years ago, I bought my first Python for $700 right here on INGO. They got pretty strong and then got soft, so I got out of trading Pythons for a while. When I started going to gun shows again last year, the prices were astronomical.

I don't see prices staying this high forever. I guess we will see.

Win52C

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    Bought a brand new King Cobra for $369 back in 1993. It wasn't worth it! Owned a couple Pythons as well, nice. For $700. For 1500-2k not a chance. Do yourself a favor. Go buy a nice Older S&W 27 and a 29. You'll have two more robust and High quality guns for less than 2k total, and when the bubble bursts. You won't lose 1/2 of your $$. IMO

Last edited:

nickman54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    I too was at that auction, and was about to post the same! Considering how overpriced about all the other firearms went, I doubt it was a fluke! VERY clean Anaconda, in stainless, and in the box, IIRC!

I say go buy 2 S&Ws for the same money as one colt!

How did I miss that one? Right in my neck of the woods.

Top Bottom