Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    VALPO GUN AND KNIFE SHOW Sept 25, 26th

Porter County Expo Center 215 E. Division Rd Valpo, In

$6.00 entry fee kids under 12 free

Sat hrs 8-5 Sun 9-3

This show only comes 2 times a year. It is a great show. Lots to choose from.

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I'll be there. Got some bidness to take care of with Jahred at 21st and Mike Sastre from River City Sheaths. It would be nice if I could make it on Sat. as I will be practically driving by the place to go to Illinois:dunno:, but probably won't have time, so I will head back over on Sunday. I would like to meet as many INGOers as possible. If I take my six year daughter, you won't miss me.:D

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    A little late to ask, as I am leaving shortly, is the weapons policy here the same as at the Indy show? Unloaded and tied by LE.

AFAIK, yes. :xmad: I remember seeing tied weapons when I went to the last go-around. I hate to leave the pistol in the car, but I'd rather not have someone handle and run a ziptie through my firearm :twocents:

STRIKER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2010
    AFAIK, yes. :xmad: I remember seeing tied weapons when I went to the last go-around. I hate to leave the pistol in the car, but I'd rather not have someone handle and run a ziptie through my firearm :twocents:

Put a tshirt over it - every gun show that I've been to uses zip ties for guns that are going to be traded/sold.

As far as the show goes, there were a couple interesting things, but overall I was highly unimpressed. There was a lot of junk.

Blythes prices are higher so you have to haggle more, but the selection is about the same.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Put a tshirt over it - every gun show that I've been to uses zip ties for guns that are going to be traded/sold.

NOT a good idea. That's an easy way to get yourself ejected. If you want to CC, deep conceal. If you're going to pay $6 to get in, you might as well make sure you're not going to get kicked out. :twocents:

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I didn't see any tables for Blythes.

He was just saying that you're just as well off going to Blythes as going to this show.

I went for a while today. There are a few decent tables. The Knife Lady has some really nice stuff and there were a few other tables with some interesting things such as 21st Century, the Kokot's right next to the Knife lady (great people, I've been to trainings with Nick and he's a hell of a guy), and some others. The rest is hit or miss and you have to look hard to find something of interest. There aren't a whole lot of deals, though.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Thanks for the replies. Yes it was the same weapons policy. Won't comment on how I handle it. It was a nice show from the standpoint that I had to take my 6 yr old daughter with, and it was much easier to keep track of her here than it would have been at Indy. Picked up an AK74 from Jahred at 21st Century and got to talk to Mike Sastre over at River City Sheaths about a sheath for my Voyager XL. Also got a free suction cup bow and arrow set for my daughter. All in all it was a pleasant experience.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    Had a good time at the show this weekend. Nice to meet The Kife Lady, and Brad's Guns. Thanks for the knife!! You guys had some nice stuff!

It is nice to put a face with some of the names on here finally.

I carried all day (empty of course) and had zero issues. I saw several people carrying all weekend. Saw no zip ties.

Again-nice to meet you guys. Enjoyed the company.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Carp32
    Top Bottom