• ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Whwhwhattt!!! No way!:D
    I had a conversation on another, non gun forum that I am a member of, about Ohio allowing carry in bars, a guy had posted in a sky is falling tone about how it was going to be carnage. I politely told him that carrying in bars is legal in Indiana, and there are not regular shoot outs. I also advised him to take a look at Chicago if he wanted to see how well strict gun laws worked. His answer to me was Chicago is a mess due to Indianas "laxed" gun laws!:laugh::laugh: I ended the conversation there. Funny thing is, that idiot is a prosecuting attorney in Florida.

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    Whwhwhattt!!! No way!:D
    I had a conversation on another, non gun forum that I am a member of, about Ohio allowing carry in bars, a guy had posted in a sky is falling tone about how it was going to be carnage. I politely told him that carrying in bars is legal in Indiana, and there are not regular shoot outs. I also advised him to take a look at Chicago if he wanted to see how well strict gun laws worked. His answer to me was Chicago is a mess due to Indianas "laxed" gun laws!:laugh::laugh: I ended the conversation there. Funny thing is, that idiot is a prosecuting attorney in Florida.
    I dont get how they make sense of that argument. if Chicago is so bad b/c of indianas laws, then wouldnt indiana be that much worse?

uuhh but its not.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Lovely. While I understand the "don't mix guns and alcohol" argument, and I think that yes, it's probably not the wisest thing to do from a safety or legal standpoint, I'm glad to see that the predicted bloodbaths did not occur.

I don't drink much in public anyway; because I'm usually driving. But on the rare occasion that I do, I always wonder what would happen if someone tried to rob me or assault me, and I wound up having to defend myself. I have a feeling that even if it was a "good" shooting, (legally defensible and all that,) I would still get into trouble somehow for doing it while under the influence of alcohol.

Nightwalker65

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2011
    Seymour
    Target practice!:rockwoot:
    :laugh::laugh: A man after my own heart!

I'm with Blue Eagle, I tend to not go to bars when I carry,and if I do,I don't drink...A)Because I'm usually driving,and B) I don't like the thought of being even slightly impaired should the reason I carry actually happen(God forbid),due to the possible legal repercussions.....IMHO it's just good common sense

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    I always found it surprisingly easy to not become a homicidal maniac in a bar. But maybe that is just me. One of the things I loved when I lived in Virginia was that whole don't be like Maryland thing.

Top Bottom