• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    anyone interested in a Utah permit class in/around evansville? It provides formal training on carrying and allows you to apply for a non-resident utah permit which is accepted in many more states than the IN ltch. I have been in touch with an INGO member who can make a class happen if we get 10 people interested.

Split

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    Evansville
    Me and My brother would both be interested. We were looking at dates for traveling to one this summer, but to have one in town would be even better.

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    I have asked my contact, minuteman32, what states the utah permit adds to the list of acceptable places to carry and how much it costs.

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    The costs; $150 to me (not counting any discounts that may apply..NRA/GOA/military/etc. usually get $25 discount), $65.25 to UT w/ application, $10 for passport photo @ Walgreens/CVS/etc., $.10 for a copy of their drivers license (library/UPS store/etc.). The total would be about $235.35, and you will have 1 year to send in the application to UT after the class, so it wouldn't have to be a big chunk of change all on the same day. I will also work with folks if they are struggling with money. I know what it is like to be broke & I actually lost my job 2 months ago, so I have some recent experience w/ this.

The states covered; IN gets 23 states, UT brings that to 33 (after 7/10/09 that goes to 34, WV will recognize non resident permits @ that time). The additional states are; WA, NV, NM, MN, AR, MS, OH, VA, PA, DE, and after 7/10/09, WV. Here is a sight to get maps of where IN & UT licenses are valid; http://handgunlaw.us/LicMaps/ccwmap.php.

I hope that we'll be able to get a class for the folks down there! That is an area of the state that I don't get to nearly enough & I've never taught a class in SW IN. I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks for your effort in this!
    Dan

I also asked for available dates and am waiting for a reply.

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    The class lasts 4 hours and doesn't involve shooting. He says his schedule is pretty open, so let me know, what day works for you guys? we also need at LEAST one more person to make this happen

Kingrat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Evansville
    I have a couple questions. Is a Utah permit a lifetime permit? Could I still get one if I just got my 4 year from Indiana 6 months ago?

no, it is not lifetime, i believe it is a 5 year renewal, and your indiana license has nothing to do with getting a utah non-resident license

Top Bottom