• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    I am coordinating a class for the Utah non-resident permit class. The class will be conducted by a certified instructor (from the Indianapolis area) and will be held in the Batesville area. Potential class date is Oct 21st, 5-9PM. If you do much checking around, you will know that the Utah non-resident permit is honored in over 30 states and in conjunction with an Indiana permit, gives you great coverage. For more info and class costs email me at: n9vo@hotmail.com

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I don't get off till 4:30 during the week, no way I could get to Batesville by 5. IF it was on a weekend perhaps I'd be interested... as I missed out on the one I helped organize a few months ago.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Hey, welcome to the forum! I'm interested in what the fee and format of the class would be. The classes I've seen out west run significantly less than $100, like in the $75 range. The material on the UT syllabus isn't rocket science and I'm just not willing to pay much more for a few-hour-class-room-only class that doesn't include any range time (and basically doesn't teach me anything significant I don't already know anyway - judging from the UT syllabus and the NRA material).

Maybe that's just me. At the right price point I would be VERY interested and would drive a couple of hours to participate. At the $150 level for the UT class, I plan to stick with the Florida permit which won't start costing me more until 14 years out.

But that's just me. For a beginner the class has a lot to offer.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Hey, welcome to the forum! I'm interested in what the fee and format of the class would be. The classes I've seen out west run significantly less than $100, like in the $75 range. The material on the UT syllabus isn't rocket science and I'm just not willing to pay much more for a few-hour-class-room-only class that doesn't include any range time (and basically doesn't teach me anything significant I don't already know anyway - judging from the UT syllabus and the NRA material).

Maybe that's just me. At the right price point I would be VERY interested and would drive a couple of hours to participate. At the $150 level for the UT class, I plan to stick with the Florida permit which won't start costing me more until 14 years out.

But that's just me. For a beginner the class has a lot to offer.

Well, I can't argue with your logic. Only thing I can say is the fee is set by the instructor. I don't have any control over what he charges. I am merely doing the coordination effort. Like anything else, I guess if you can find a better deal then you should buy elsewhere.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    I don't get off till 4:30 during the week, no way I could get to Batesville by 5. IF it was on a weekend perhaps I'd be interested... as I missed out on the one I helped organize a few months ago.

Ryan, would you be interested if it would start at 6? Actually the instructor is coming down from the Speedway area!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You might get more interest if you go ahead and type, "minuteman32" instead of "the instructor." We know and respect him here and other places online.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Well, I just wasn't sure (as a newbie) that it would have been appropriate for me to have mentioned his name without asking him first. In fact, he was the one who recommended that I place the info here on the website and that's why I signed up and posted. I am completely new to this website and had never visited it before. So now that the cat's out of the bag so to speak! I was just trying to offer up the class and get a few more to attend. It sounds like he is a great individual to have for the class. Thanks for all the comments.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I'd be interested if it was on the weekend, but there's no way I could make it on a weekday.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Yeah even if it was a half hour later, weekdays just aren't good for me. I never know when we are going to get slammed at work and I'm going to have to stay over to make sure we make sort in all of our ports.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Well, I can't argue with your logic. Only thing I can say is the fee is set by the instructor. I don't have any control over what he charges. I am merely doing the coordination effort. Like anything else, I guess if you can find a better deal then you should buy elsewhere.

And I'm wondering what the fee is because it directly relates to what my level of interest would be. The numbers I picked were just out of the air. I have no idea what the cost of the local class actually is. Does anyone know?

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Just a reminder for anyone interested. A Utah non-resident course will be conducted in the Batesville area next tuesday (Oct 21st). The class will run from 5:30 - 9:00 PM and will be conducted by Dan (minuteman32 -- Never met him but hear good things). Still have room in class and could use a few more.

Class being held at the Batesville Hampton Inn (meeting room) and the hotel is right at the 149 exit on I-74 so easy access for any driving down. If interested you can email me at: n9vo@hotmail.com or you can call my cell: 513-518-0593.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Well our class was conducted last night by Dan (minuteman32). Outstanding presentation and very pleased that he was able to accommodate us down here in SE Indiana. Put my pack together this morning and it's in the mail. Now for the 60 day wait from Utah. Thanks again Dan. It was a pleasure to meet you.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Well our class was conducted last night by Dan (minuteman32). Outstanding presentation and very pleased that he was able to accommodate us down here in SE Indiana. Put my pack together this morning and it's in the mail. Now for the 60 day wait from Utah. Thanks again Dan. It was a pleasure to meet you.

You are very welcome! It would've been nice if the other folks could've joined us, but I'm glad I could help you out.:yesway:

Top Bottom