• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cricket Tickler

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Anyone have a Utah non resident who has been convicted of an alcohol related offense?

i ask because, once upon a time when I was young and dumber. I managed to get myself a public intox. I want to get the Utah non res, but wonder if that will disqualify me.

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    I recently took the class and another student asked basically this same thing of the instructor. I believe that guys PI was like 10 years prior, and the instructor didn't seem to think it would be an issue. That being said, I have no idea :)

sig-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    North
    I believe you have to send a letter along with your application packet stating the nature of the alcohol related offense if you admitted to one. That being said, it will not keep you from being granted a permit. I know for certain of someone with an O.W.I that has a Utah permit.

Last edited:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Be advised that there is a question on the app that asks, "Have you ever been convicted of any offense involving the use of alcohol?"

So, as sig-man says, if you check "yes" to that one, they'll most likely want some additional information. Good luck.

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    The one thing they stressed when I took my Utah class is that if the answer to a question is yes, make sure you mark yes - they're known to prosecute for non-disclosure. In addition, just submit an honest narrative of what happened. Include a copy of your Indiana LTCH which will improve your chances of being approved.

Cricket Tickler

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Thanks, I wouldn't not check yes. I would hate to spend the money on a class and be rejected though. I have to assume, being so many years ago and no trouble since then, I should be ok. Who knows?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom