Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    My understanding is that USPSA pistol will be the fourth Sunday of the month, and the Second Sunday will be Single stack and alternate with 3 gun. This is nothing official though. Larry is in charge so he is the guy to email.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    That would be pretty good, really. No conflict between Atlanta, Riley, South Central and Wildcat makes life pretty good in west-central Indiana. That hasn't happened in a long while.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    That would be pretty good, really. No conflict between Atlanta, Riley, South Central and Wildcat makes life pretty good in west-central Indiana. That hasn't happened in a long while.

When is Wildcat Shooting USPSA? I thought they were moving to Fourth Weekend.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It looks like Wildcat is on for pistol on 4th Saturday and 3/multi-gun on 4th Sunday. Well, that would make a conflict between ACC and WV's 3-gun, but only every other month.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    cornholio1.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It would be nice if Wildcat would consider the schedules of other clubs when they make their calendar. I know they have a lot happening there, but it seems like they give no consideration at all to other clubs or shooters who would like to shoot at more than one venue.

I just learned of the AtlantaCC USPSA pistol match switch to 4th Sunday last week. Now I know that it's so their multi-gun won't conflict with all of the other clubs that do multi-gun or 3-gun on the 4th Sunday of the month, which actually makes sense. It's not going to help Wildcat's USPSA pistol, though.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I guess its a helluva problem to have with 4 clubs shooting USPSA w/i 90 minutes of Indy 3 out of 4 weekends a month.

If Atlanta would have stayed on 2nd Sunday (which there is nothing on the WV calendar on those dates) this would be ideal for USPSA, but not so for ACC's single stack and 3-gun.

Question - what kind of input does the USPSA section coordinator have on schedules? It seems like a pow-wow of some sort would be in order to bring clubs with potential overlap into alignment.

Again, though, it is one helluva problem to have.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    That's a good question. Jake could at least make all the clubs aware of the other clubs' schedules, which seems to not be the case sometimes.

You're right about the "problem," though. When I started shooting, you had to search for a match. Now you have to choose which to forego in lieu of another.

I guess its a helluva problem to have with 4 clubs shooting USPSA w/i 90 minutes of Indy 3 out of 4 weekends a month.

If Atlanta would have stayed on 2nd Sunday (which there is nothing on the WV calendar on those dates) this would be ideal for USPSA, but not so for ACC's single stack and 3-gun.

Question - what kind of input does the USPSA section coordinator have on schedules? It seems like a pow-wow of some sort would be in order to bring clubs with potential overlap into alignment.

Again, though, it is one helluva problem to have.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Me thinks there should be a prayer meeting in early December, in a secret location such as the Speedway Union Jack's, where all of the state's disclipline chairs come to discuss scheduling to minimize overlap. I'm talking everything pistol - USPSA, IDPA, IHMSA, bullseye, international, pins, steel, .22 - whatever. Kinda like a G8 meeting for handgun sports.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Me thinks there should be a prayer meeting in early December, in a secret location such as the Speedway Union Jack's, where all of the state's disclipline chairs come to discuss scheduling to minimize overlap. I'm talking everything pistol - USPSA, IDPA, IHMSA, bullseye, international, pins, steel, .22 - whatever. Kinda like a G8 meeting for handgun sports.

It would not hurt, but I doubt it will help. I think attendence would be lite or regional in nature. I think clubs have to set their schedule based on what they can do at their place.

Maybe for next year Jake can have some influence on that.

There was some calls made between WVPPS, WC and the old coordinator to try and eliminate some conflict of schedule.

This is a nice problem to have though.

Top Bottom