• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I haven't tried it. I don't know what your body composition is or what type of firearm you are trying to carry IWB but I have found that nothing IWB is anywhere near comfortable for my firearm and body type.

I have recently switched to OWB and I like it much better. I carry more now.

Oh, and I still am carrying concealed.

gtl1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for the reply. I'm 6'1 and 175lbs, so not a whole lot of cushion, and I tend to wear more fitted clothes (no, not tight, and no skinny jeans :)). I've tried to carry a Sig P250 compact, Ruger SR9C, and a Taurus Millenium G2 -- so, all 9mm compact/sub compacts.

I haven't tried it. I don't know what your body composition is or what type of firearm you are trying to carry IWB but I have found that nothing IWB is anywhere near comfortable for my firearm and body type.

I have recently switched to OWB and I like it much better. I carry more now.

Oh, and I still am carrying concealed.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Thanks for the reply. I'm 6'1 and 175lbs, so not a whole lot of cushion, and I tend to wear more fitted clothes (no, not tight, and no skinny jeans :)). I've tried to carry a Sig P250 compact, Ruger SR9C, and a Taurus Millenium G2 -- so, all 9mm compact/sub compacts.

Okay, similar to me at 5'11", 170. No cushion and I don't wear clothing 2 sizes too large for me.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Out of curiosity, what pistol/holster combo have you found to work best to allow to CC without wearing baggy clothes?

I carry a Shield in an ETW pancake OWB holster. It rides high enough that most any shirt will cover it. A T-shirt probably won't, but my untucked button up shirts, sweatshirts and jackets will cover it.

I wear it at around the 4:00 o'clock position. The reason I decided to switch to the OWB other than the comfort factor is with the exception of work dress shirts, everything else I wear is untucked. And when I buy my next set of work dress shirts, I'm having them hemmed so that I can leave those untucked also.

It is becoming acceptable today to wear shirts untucked even for work in my business(automotive manufacturing) and there is even at least one company(Untuckit) that makes shirts with a hem that makes it okay to leave untucked. But since they are pricey, I will pay a tailor to hem my shirts when I buy them.

Then I should be good to carry no matter what I am wearing. Not sure what I will do when I wear a t-shirt. I might use my N82 IWB for those rare times.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    For me I can get away with a G19 in a supertuck at the 5-5:30 and an untucked shirt covers it. if it is at all tight I print, but I dont care about printing unless I'm going somewhere prohibitive. (socially, not legally) And then I'll wear my G42 in the same position with j clips and tuck my shirt in.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    For me I can get away with a G19 in a supertuck at the 5-5:30 and an untucked shirt covers it. if it is at all tight I print, but I dont care about printing unless I'm going somewhere prohibitive. (socially, not legally) And then I'll wear my G42 in the same position with j clips and tuck my shirt in.

I'll bet the G42 hides well with that set-up.

I'm with you on the printing. I think we get more conscience of it that we need to. Most people don't really spend much time looking at men's hips. Heck, they are too busy looking at their phones.:)

fili450r

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2016
    Hamilton
    5'10" 155 here. not tight fitting clothing but not baggy either. I run a miholsterco.com stealth iwb in the appendix position. also I normally carry a ruger sr9c, if I'm in sweats or gym shorts, I carry a ruger lc9s the same way.

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    im 5'6" 150lbs and i can easily conceal a g43 in a cooks iwb ulticlip holster around 4-5 o'clock with a fairly tight t-shirt. If im wearing a shirt that isnt very tight down low i can conceal a g19 or g17 cut down to 19 in the same position and about the same holster. I have one with a belt loop and one with and ulticlip. If you dont like wearing a belt this is a great holster especially with a shield/g43 size gun. You can clip it onto about any type of pants. I put mine in the canted position. https://www.cooksholsters.com/ulticlip-iwb-holster/

Top Bottom