• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Currently I have an NcStar holographic red dot on my Mk III but it's time to "step up" to something better. Problem I'm having is aquiring the dot quickly at FNS. Also don't like the fact the glass is tinted so dark. Another dislike is it is so large, wanting something more compact.

I've been looking at the Burris FastFire II, and the JP Enterprises Micro. In the picture in Midway's catalog I can see the Burris lense is mirrored/tinted, but the JP appears to be clear. These are just the two I have been looking at so far, any other options? $200 or so is my limit.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    i bought one of these on esrices recomendation and have been very pleased with the optic for the price. i do wish it had arrows to help make the adjustments easier and a better way to turn it off, but if 75ish bucks its a great sight

vette I'd love to see a full review on that one. I haven't tried one personally (I've got their Micro clone) but it sure looks interesting for the money.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    i bought one of these on esrices recomendation and have been very pleased with the optic for the price. i do wish it had arrows to help make the adjustments easier and a better way to turn it off, but if 75ish bucks its a great sight

How is the dot in the sight? Is it crisp/sharp, not fuzzy? I like the green dot in the StrikeFire I have and like the fact this sight has it too. For some reason I can see the target past a green dot easier.

Seem's I read somewhere that males loose the ability to pick up/see red as they age. I know I swapped out the red pins on my bow after shooting the Dart System because I couldn't pick up my red sight pin in low light.:dunno:

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    The best deal in the world right now is the Bushnell TRS-25 from amazon 49.99 after rebate.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-Trophy-TRS-25-1xRed-Riflescope/dp/B00200E0HM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315191130&sr=8-1[/ame]

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The best handgun shooters in the world use C-more red dots. Midway puts the Railway's on sale for $200 on occasion.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    How is the dot in the sight? Is it crisp/sharp, not fuzzy? I like the green dot in the StrikeFire I have and like the fact this sight has it too. For some reason I can see the target past a green dot easier.

Seem's I read somewhere that males loose the ability to pick up/see red as they age. I know I swapped out the red pins on my bow after shooting the Dart System because I couldn't pick up my red sight pin in low light.:dunno:

the dot is as clear as can be. no fuzzyness at all. i have it mounted on a 45 on a smith and wesson 15-22 right now. i have issues getting my head in the proper position to pick up the dot but thats my fault not the optics. i think im going to move mine to the top of the scope and see what happens.

esrice, ill be happy to do a review. if you ever make it my way get ahold of me and give it a try in person

danimal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Unincorporated Lake County
    i have a fastfire 2 myself. out of couriosity i checked out the image they had at midway. i'd agree that i'd be turned off if it actually looked like that, but it doesn't. (note the big red dot on the lens in the 2nd picture is not the emitter of the sight, but the anti-red-eye from the digital camera)

picture.php

picture.php

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    The best handgun shooters in the world use C-more red dots. Midway puts the Railway's on sale for $200 on occasion.

The C-More STS looks to be the one I'd be interested in. Looks to be very well thought out. The battery tray, and the no click adjustment being examples. Cheapest price I can find is $247 + around $50 for the picatinny/weaver base. C-More dosen't offer a base for the MkIII.

Good to see the Burris has only a slight tint to the lens too. Burris does sell a base specifically for the MkIII that uses the dovetail for the rear sight. Kind of leaning towards the Primary Arms green dot, but it would be nice to get rid of the rail that is on there now since a big part of why I'm looking at other options is to get rid of the bulkyness which the Burris would do.

Decisions...decisions.......:rolleyes:

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The C-More STS looks to be the one I'd be interested in. Looks to be very well thought out. The battery tray, and the no click adjustment being examples. Cheapest price I can find is $247 + around $50 for the picatinny/weaver base. C-More dosen't offer a base for the MkIII.

I have an untried STS. It's waiting on the mount I have on order. If the stars all line up correctly, it's possible this might be on the rail of my .22LR AR for FNS this week.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Ok... the plot thickens.:D

Am I correct on this, it appears I can buy a JP mount adapter from C More that would allow me to mount up the STS to a JP mount they have for the Ruger MkII. Question I suppose is is there a difference between the MkII and the MkIII as far as the dovetail for the rear sight? I see JP offers a mount for the MkII but says nothing about wether it would fit the MkIII.:dunno:

Am I even correct in thinking the JP mount uses the rear dovetail? Haven't been able to find any pictures confirming this. Like I said earlier, I'd really like to get rid of the rail if possible.

danimal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Unincorporated Lake County
    well, the burris mount for the fastfire says the dovetail insert works for the mk1,mk2, and mk3. i'd venture a guess that the mount you're looking at for the 2 would fit your 3. i don't own either model though, so just food for thought.

gus1989

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Just got my PA Micro Red Dot (fixed base) in the mail yesterday and put it on the Mark 3. Heading out to Atterbury today to test out. Quality seems good, dot looks sharp, and the sight is even smaller than I thought it would be on the gun. This is my first red dot so I'm really excited to give it a try.

Top Bottom