• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    Well, I finally found some .357 ammo. My Taurus shot the .357 ammo just fine. I tried it single and double action and it didn't jam. Than we tried .38 special that wasn't +p and they still jammed. What should I do? Call Taurus or the shop we bought it from? Or just shoot nothing but .357 ammo? It's just aggraviting.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    To be honest, I'm not one for bashing a gun manufacturer but I would send it back to Taurus, let them "fix" it, then sell it (with full disclosure to the next buyer) and go get a Ruger SP101. You really can't go wrong with the SP101. No flames just my :twocents:.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I'm a far cry from being a revolver expert, but please describe the "jam" for me...

I am confused also. What does jam mean on a revolver? Is the cylinder failing to advance or are you saying the bullet isn't getting out of the muzzle....

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    You're gonna need to get with someone who knows revolvers..... and that isn't me. Wish I could help, but I ain't got the smarts. I have a few revolvers and would be very interested in the eventual solution.... just fer my memory banks...

good luck

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    PM Indygunworks

logo-1.jpg

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    Sorry everyone I was at church. Yes with the .38 special and .38 special +p after firing the first shot I would go to pull back the hammer and it won't revolve because the empty casing has slid back causing it not to revolve. But with .357 ammo it works just fine.

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    I pmed Indygunworks. I am gonna see what he gots to say. Than go from there. It really aggravates me. I really love the gun, I love the size, and than when I get my permit it will be perfect to carry. My wife and I both loved it shooting the .357 ammo. I am newbie but it just confuses me about it will shoot .357 ammo just perfect but not .38 special. Thats what makes me think its not the gun. Because I would think if its the gun it would do it with the .357 ammo? I could be wrong I dont know much just trying to learn. Thanks guys for helpin out.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It sounds like it might be the little spring that holds the floating firing pin back so it won't protrude through its hole unless it's just been hit by the hammer. If the firing pin sticks through the hole when it's not supposed to be there, it will prevent the cylinder from turning. My brother's Taurs 85 and my Taurus 605 both had the same problem.

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    It sounds like it might be the little spring that holds the floating firing pin back so it won't protrude through its hole unless it's just been hit by the hammer. If the firing pin sticks through the hole when it's not supposed to be there, it will prevent the cylinder from turning. My brother's Taurs 85 and my Taurus 605 both had the same problem.

Thats what I have is the 605. What did he do about that?

Top Bottom