• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I recently bought a Glock-23 .40 from a board member, an as new firearm, not unlike the few I own in various calibers, except.............this one had a plastic plug in the bottom rear of the grip frame. Commonly called a grip plug, I have been aware of their presence, just never used on in any of my boy's.

I went on line to see a pic of one and it looked so simple to install and remove if necessary (for those of you who don't know about a grip plug, its about the size of a piece of bubble gum, and fits in the bottom of your Glocks grip frame thereby closing the hole down there). Made of plastic polymere it supposedly snaps right in, and you would think, pop right out if you wanted to remove it like I ddi.

Well, mine was IN THERE, I thought superglued, gorilla glued and I was screwed............for the life of me I could not get this thing out and did not want to mess up any plastic trying to get the damned thing out of there. Oh yea, lots of sugestions for me from GLOCK TALK fans but nix.nein.nada, no matter what I tried, like the Dividiens at WACO it wasn't comming out.

Well....after a few trial PM's to Shooter 521 I cornered him at that sotheast side gun emphorium he hangs out at.

He looked at it, grinned and dissasembled my G-23 in .05 seconds, tried to get the plug out, but just like me, try as he might, it want moving, "Be right back" he says, and before I could scan the side room for a future M-4 buy he was back with unplugged grip plug in hand. And faster than he took it apart he had my G-23 re assembled and back in baby's arms again!

How much I owe ya I said..................Nuttin he mumbled, and after talking about a mutual gun friend we know, I asked about his schedual, and knew I could visit him on my way home on saturday afternoons, whenever I needed to make a run to that south side gun emporium.

Thanks Buddy! a simple fix I am sure, but your customer service skills..........."PRICELESS"!!!:)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I recently bought a Glock-23 .40 from a board member, an as new firearm, not unlike the few I own in various calibers, except.............this one had a plastic plug in the bottom rear of the grip frame. Commonly called a grip plug, I have been aware of their presence, just never used on in any of my boy's.

I went on line to see a pic of one and it looked so simple to install and remove if necessary (for those of you who don't know about a grip plug, its about the size of a piece of bubble gum, and fits in the bottom of your Glocks grip frame thereby closing the hole down there). Made of plastic polymere it supposedly snaps right in, and you would think, pop right out if you wanted to remove it like I ddi.

Well, mine was IN THERE, I thought superglued, gorilla glued and I was screwed............for the life of me I could not get this thing out and did not want to mess up any plastic trying to get the damned thing out of there. Oh yea, lots of sugestions for me from GLOCK TALK fans but nix.nein.nada, no matter what I tried, like the Dividiens at WACO it wasn't comming out.

Well....after a few trial PM's to Shooter 521 I cornered him at that sotheast side gun emphorium he hangs out at.

He looked at it, grinned and dissasembled my G-23 in .05 seconds, tried to get the plug out, but just like me, try as he might, it want moving, "Be right back" he says, and before I could scan the side room for a future M-4 buy he was back with unplugged grip plug in hand. And faster than he took it apart he had my G-23 re assembled and back in baby's arms again!

How much I owe ya I said..................Nuttin he mumbled, and after talking about a mutual gun friend we know, I asked about his schedual, and knew I could visit him on my way home on saturday afternoons, whenever I needed to make a run to that south side gun emporium.

Thanks Buddy! a simple fix I am sure, but your customer service skills..........."PRICELESS"!!!:)

I'm going to have to stop in one of these days and see him. I need some new sights on my 21. The night sights I had put on by Glock are so old now that they've dimmed out.

I've read many of his threads and they have all been very informative.

I'd be interested in hearing what he had to do to get it out. I've never used these in any of my Glocks.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    STEEL CORE:
    No problem; it was nice seeing you again!

WebSnyper:
    The plug in SC's gun was not a style I was familiar with (we stock and sell the Lone Wolf and Scherer plugs), and appeared to be just a very tight press fit into the gun's backstrap cavity. I detail-stripped the frame, inserted a long, thin screwdriver down into the backstrap cavity from the top, then gave the handle a couple whacks with a rubber mallet along with a well-placed swear word. The plug popped free. :)

Top Bottom