• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    So I fixed some eggs and sausage for the family and my son wanted hard boiled eggs. Ok, no biggie. I boiled them for about 7-8 minutes. He started eating them and the yoke was still runny. No biggie. I'll just microwave them a bit. (You see where this is going now right?) So in the 1100W micro they go on high. How long do think it took till I had a mess to clean up? :):

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    Ouch! I think my parents were the first in Morgan County to own a microwave. It was literally the best thing since sliced bread. I could cook or reheat anything, I THOUGHT. I also popped a few eggs in shell into this new miracle machine and shut the door, turned the dial and anxiously awaited for the bell to ring. Man was I mistaken. The door was blown open almost ripping it off the hinges. That was the good part as they could have been replaced. There was blasted blown apart liquified eggs on every square inch of Mom's newly remodeled kitchen, my mother and myself. It took me two days to wipe down the walls, ceiling and cabinets. I don't recall being allowed use of it after that without adult supervision.

Old Dog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Hard boil egg recipe- Place eggs in pan with enough COLD water to cover by 1 inch. Cover pan and place on burner on high, and bring to a strong boil. Then remove pan from heat and let stand for 20 minutes. When time is up run cold water over the eggs to stop any further cooking, then peel.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Ouch! I think my parents were the first in Morgan County to own a microwave. It was literally the best thing since sliced bread. I could cook or reheat anything, I THOUGHT. I also popped a few eggs in shell into this new miracle machine and shut the door, turned the dial and anxiously awaited for the bell to ring. Man was I mistaken. The door was blown open almost ripping it off the hinges. That was the good part as they could have been replaced. There was blasted blown apart liquified eggs on every square inch of Mom's newly remodeled kitchen, my mother and myself. It took me two days to wipe down the walls, ceiling and cabinets. I don't recall being allowed use of it after that without adult supervision.

I remember my first microwave, the ex bought it for an anniversary gift. He said we could make hard boiled eggs in the shell in it. It came with a cookbook and it specifically said NOT to do that! Luckily, we never did. I had no idea it would be that bad! :nailbite:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    The door was blown open almost ripping it off the hinges. That was the good part as they could have been replaced. There was blasted blown apart liquified eggs on every square inch of Mom's newly remodeled kitchen, my mother and myself. It took me two days to wipe down the walls, ceiling and cabinets.

Either you are confusing eggs with c4, or this story is grossly exaggerated.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Just to save you from another experiment; if you ever run out of detergent for the dishwasher and you have regular liquid soap available, don't.... just don't.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Just to save you from another experiment; if you ever run out of detergent for the dishwasher and you have regular liquid soap available, don't.... just don't.

I think he's lying. Try it and let us know if he is.

Btw, I've actually done this. You'd be amazed what just a few drops will do.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C

I think he's lying. Try it and let us know if he is.

Btw, I've actually done this. You'd be amazed what just a few drops will do.

Do it also. Just use a few drops of regular dish soap and a couple tablespoons of baking soda. Works great and we no longer buy expensive special dishwasher detergent.

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    Hard boil egg recipe- Place eggs in pan with enough COLD water to cover by 1 inch. Cover pan and place on burner on high, and bring to a strong boil. Then remove pan from heat and let stand for 20 minutes. When time is up run cold water over the eggs to stop any further cooking, then peel.

20 minutes will make them tough and green up the yolks. I cook a dozen at a time for snacks and they only sit after boiling for 12 minutes. Used to do 14, but wife didn't like them, so now twelve and she is happy!

Top Bottom