• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I ordered a set of grips from what appeared to be a reputable seller on GunsAmerica. I hit the "Buy it now" button, sent an email regarding the purchase, and sent a postal money order for the item.

It's been two weeks now, and I have no grips. I have emailed the seller three times in the same amount of days, and have received no replies to my inquiries.

The seller advertised that the grips were in stock, NIB

It's not the money, but the principal. $45 will not make or break me, but I HATE being taken advantage of!

What do you think? Is two weeks long enough to wait before contacting customer service?

What about the possibility of leveling a postal fraud charge?

I don't want to be unreasonable about this, but I'm not about to sit back and be taken.

I understand he could be on vacation, though if this is the case, he's not much of a businessman to leave open auctions unattended. :twocents:

How long would you wait, before taking more action than just sending emails?

Thanks

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    If you have tried communication with them, doesn't matter why, and they have either ignored or blown you off... Time to take it to the next level, PERIOD. I would be all up the higher ups rear on this one! Rule #1 in sales If we don't take care of our customers, someone else will. They owe you product, or cash and a huge apology. There could be some B.S. excuse, like they aren't computer savvy or something, but in the long run its a web based business and its 2010, they should have their act together.

I am a huge stickler for business. If I give you my money, now you work for me until its a done deal.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I FINALLY got an answer this afternoon,to my third email, requesting info. on this sale.

Seller simply stated that the grips would ship today. That's it. No explanation, no apologies, just, "Grips will ship today". He didn't even say they HAD shipped, but that they would ship today.

Guess I'll reserve judgment for a couple more days. If I get what I ordered, I'll be placated. Not happy mind you, but placated.

If I don't get NIB grips in the next few days, I WILL be taking other action.

Thanks for your input anyway.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    If you have tried communication with them, doesn't matter why, and they have either ignored or blown you off... Time to take it to the next level, PERIOD. I would be all up the higher ups rear on this one! Rule #1 in sales If we don't take care of our customers, someone else will. They owe you product, or cash and a huge apology. There could be some B.S. excuse, like they aren't computer savvy or something, but in the long run its a web based business and its 2010, they should have their act together.

I am a huge stickler for business. If I give you my money, now you work for me until its a done deal.

When I hand a customer a proposal, the monetary agreement section states, in my hand written scrawl, "Labor charges are due in full upon satisfactory completion of work."

This DOES leave me open to more "scrutiny" perhaps, but I've only been burned 1 time in 10 years, and that was by a licensed realty agent!

I believe it helps to set a few customers minds at ease when they realize that they have a say in what the final product looks like.

buzzard pickins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Out by the Prague pond
    HINT: always establish a paper trail. Send your m.o.'s or other payment reg.mail or at least delivery conformation. If you ever went to court the first thing the judge will ask is proof you sent it.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    you sir are a more patient man than i. i would have given him 4 days to respond to my emails and contacted customer service. in a online business if you want a vacation you make sure you dont have current auctions and if you do you cheak your email on vacation or make sure somone does. i dont care if you have a 50 cent item for sale

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I had a very similar experience with a gunsmith doing business on AuctionArms. I ordinarily wouldn't think of using AuctionArms but this guy had the exact part I needed and I was able to get it for around $20 less than from GPC. No communication whatsoever after the "You've won" email. Took three weeks to ship - charged me priority mail rates plus handling fee and shipped parcel post. Just generally crappy. Oh well - At least I've got the part. Glad your grips shipped. Hopefully they arrive as expected.

top hat 45

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    northern shelby co.
    i've never liked doing business with a money order. had you used a credit card, the credit card company will stop payment and you aren't out anything. same goes if its lost in shipping or such thing. hope you gert your grips and dont forget to notify guns america.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    i've never liked doing business with a money order. had you used a credit card, the credit card company will stop payment and you aren't out anything. same goes if its lost in shipping or such thing. hope you gert your grips and dont forget to notify guns america.

Yes, credit cards can be you friend when it comes items like this. My card still extends manufacturer warranties a year:D which I've used a couple of times to my advantage!

Top Bottom