Unemployable, A growing number of Americans are no longer fit for work…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Behind these shortages is a steady increase in the number of adult Americans not working. Rising for years, the number exploded during the Covid lockdowns. The proportion of working-age men out of the workforce—unemployed and not actively seeking employment—has reached unprecedented levels.

To those of us that have worked hard all our lives this is unthinkable but true.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Covid opened a lot of people's eyes. The unintended consequences of that fiasco will be far reaching for decades to come and will do more to damage those responsible for it than they ever dreamed.

There are plenty of Americans working. They're just not working via the conventional 9-5, taxes withheld, stat providing employment avenues. Why do you think they want to hire 87,000 new IRS agents? All of those Americans who are working outside of previous norms aren't being held to the fire like your typical employee and they want their cut.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    When I got laid off at the end of the covid era (late 2020), I briefly looked for a new job. But all the wokeness, DEI and other crap companies started forcing employees to get "educated" about I started looking at my options.

I turned 60 and found out I could collect widower SS benefits from my wifes SS. That is enough to cover the mortgage and health insurance. All other expenses I pay out of my investment savings. I've been living frugally for past several years to let my IRA's and investments grow as much as possible, drawing less than the 4% rule.

I could use a little extra money, but I've not worked for over 3 years now and am likely unemployable now even though I do try to follow and keep up with my industry (IT - System Administration). But everything's become about coding & automation and I have no aptitude or interest in coding and figure system admins will soon be a thing of the past as AI will likely take over that part of IT and the systems will take care of themselves.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    95% of post covid hires went to women and non-whites.

Are they unemployable, or has legalized discrimination locked them out of the workforce?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Behind these shortages is a steady increase in the number of adult Americans not working. Rising for years, the number exploded during the Covid lockdowns. The proportion of working-age men out of the workforce—unemployed and not actively seeking employment—has reached unprecedented levels.

To those of us that have worked hard all our lives this is unthinkable but true.

Good article well worth the read

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

"Working hard all your life" is being redefined as "Schmuck."

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    There are a lot of unemployables in Chicago, both inside and outside the DNC.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    There are a lot of unemployables in Chicago, both inside and outside the DNC.
    Work?

iu

Sphinx313

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Central
    The shift from "qualified" to "DEI checkbox" plays a huge part. The 18-20 somethings of today are basically going to live with their parents until they die. DEI is starting to fall apart. We will see what Kamala unburdens us from when she wins. Cause you know she's gonna win, right? lol.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    The shift from "qualified" to "DEI checkbox" plays a huge part. The 18-20 somethings of today are basically going to live with their parents until they die. DEI is starting to fall apart. We will see what Kamala unburdens us from when she wins. Cause you know she's gonna win, right? lol.
    Urban utopias have been getting trainloads of white out to cover joe’s name on the ballots that have already been completed from early voting and putting dirty knees on the ballot.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    I enjoyed my job at Sportsman's warehouse but the PC crap forced my exit. I can't watch people steal and ignore it and a female that one day decided she was a man and got her panties in a bunch if you refused to address her as such was the final straw. I really liked the store manager but I was convinced I would cause her more trouble than she could explain he way out of so I checked out. I'd be happy to have something to do but ignoring theft and buying into someone's mental illness just won't work for me.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    We have to stop the money flowing to people who didn’t earn and don’t deserve it. If they have a choice of working or going hungry, or even worse, not being able to afford to play their video games.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I enjoyed my job at Sportsman's warehouse but the PC crap forced my exit. I can't watch people steal and ignore it and a female that one day decided she was a man and got her panties in a bunch if you refused to address her as such was the final straw. I really liked the store manager but I was convinced I would cause her more trouble than she could explain he way out of so I checked out. I'd be happy to have something to do but ignoring theft and buying into someone's mental illness just won't work for me.
    And yet older boomers are the most employable…

Top Bottom