• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I’m all for open carry laws, but I don’t think flaunting it is very productive. It scares people.
    :lmfao:

I only laugh because I've read similar things right here on INGO.
    The old, "I'm all for it as long as nobody does it."

Also from his confused editorial:

If you would like to carry your weapon, leave it in your car.

Um... :scratch:

FAIL!

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    this person doesn't know what they are talking about...if he thinks that we don't need our guns for protection when we go get coffee then he needs to go on the south side of chicago or get gas in south bend at night time.

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    this person doesn't know what they are talking about...if he thinks that we don't need our guns for protection when we go get coffee then he needs to go on the south side of chicago or get gas in south bend at night time.
    Exactly. Or even the East side of Indianapolis where it seems someone is murdered every week!

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    huh, i thought we just went through the starbucks thing. also, guns can accidentally go off in public? weird, i have carried for a long time and never had a ND in public or private. i guess this is another mis-informed jag who thought it would be cool to get his name in the paper. to the writer of the article, Kevin, i know another way to get your name in the paper...........get mugged and beat up or worse yet murdered while not being able to defend yourself. that'll usually make front page. i propose a law that you should have to pass a test or something before having an article posted in a newspaper, that would weed alot of BS out.

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    i propose a law that you should have to pass a test or something before having an article posted in a newspaper, that would weed alot of BS out.
    Why? There goes our free entertainment!

But, if you're even halfway serious, that's a bad idea. We don't want a test to use our 2nd Amendment rights and we shouldn't require a test of others to use their 1st Amendment rights.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    but is it really absolutely necessary to carrying a gun on you when you’re going to get coffee?

*Ahem*

As INGO's resident expert on carrying with coffee, I'll take this one.

Kevin, yes, yes it is. You see, Kevster, carrying a pistol (or in my case pistols) is like wearing your seatbelt. You cannot book ahead, so you should always wear it.

Oh, Kev, by the way, I'm not leaving my guns in the car.:D

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes

But, if you're even halfway serious, that's a bad idea. We don't want a test to use our 2nd Amendment rights and we shouldn't require a test of others to use their 1st Amendment rights.

sorry protest, i should have switched to purple on that one but it was late and i'm lazy. no, we shouldn't need a test to have a 1st amendment right but doesn't it just seem funny how anyone these days can put something in print. maybe even including me at times but when people talk about things they obviously have no experience or intelligence with it really gets under my skin. these folks should be more thoughtful and careful, when the angry voices start screaming in my head after i read something like this i get a little jumpy. sheeple should stick to what they know and try to get educated about what they don't know before writing in the paper, it just makes them look stupid. :draw:

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    sorry protest, i should have switched to purple on that one but it was late and i'm lazy. no, we shouldn't need a test to have a 1st amendment right but doesn't it just seem funny how anyone these days can put something in print. maybe even including me at times but when people talk about things they obviously have no experience or intelligence with it really gets under my skin. these folks should be more thoughtful and careful, when the angry voices start screaming in my head after i read something like this i get a little jumpy. sheeple should stick to what they know and try to get educated about what they don't know before writing in the paper, it just makes them look stupid. :draw:
    Thanks!

Sometimes the best way to get an education is to make a public mistake like Kevin has done and then for him to find a discussion like this one on the internet. If he is a wise individual, he will learn.

Nevermind. He won't learn. I just found out that he's a student (and sometimes journalist) at Goshen College. GC is a haunt for the liberal of the liberals.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Starbucks does allow OC, so apparently he has poor reading skills. Not sure where in Goshen there are enough people at one time that an accidental discharge could cause "mass panic", so his logic skills aren't much better. Very dramatic article though.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Starbucks does allow OC, so apparently he has poor reading skills. Not sure where in Goshen there are enough people at one time that an accidental discharge could cause "mass panic", so his logic skills aren't much better. Very dramatic article though.
    Seeing as Kevin believes that a holstered gun could accidentally discharge, it is easy to understand why the idea of someone carrying a gun would make him uncomfortable. Apparently more of us who live in Goshen need to carry 24/7 to show him that guns don't just "go off"!

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana

If you want to see real ignorance on display, read the opinion section of "The Paper" It's available in and around Goshen.........it's a hoot

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    If you want to see real ignorance on display, read the opinion section of "The Paper" It's available in and around Goshen.........it's a hoot
    I lived in Goshen for 2 1/2 years and read The Paper frequently. Those opinion sections were a hoot for sure. It's hard to match ignorance like that.

Hey Delmar, I hear The Chief is opening soon. I oughtta come up for a visit!

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    *Ahem*

As INGO's resident expert on carrying with coffee, I'll take this one.

Kevin, yes, yes it is. You see, Kevster, carrying a pistol (or in my case pistols) is like wearing your seatbelt. You cannot book ahead, so you should always wear it.

Oh, Kev, by the way, I'm not leaving my guns in the car.:D

You must be some kind of a cowboy!

weaverml34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Born and raised in Goshen. Grew up right across the street from the college and have a lot of friends that went there. The college is a bastion for liberals and unfortunately is teaching this kind of crap.

PM66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Crumstown, IN

Goshen is SE of Elkhart, and is seeing an increase of gang related crime, lately. I'd say this is due to fact it's manufacturing industry is heavily based on the RV trade and these morons we send to DC are killing the industry.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Why is it that most anti-gun arguments seem to be the same one's racists made in the 60s? If you substitute 'man with a gun' with 'black man', you hear a lot of the same crap people wrote in the 50s and 60s when arguing civil liberties.

-Shops that posted signs that stated that a 'man with a gun' was not welcome there.

-People would call the cops when they saw a 'man with a gun' because he must be up to something.

-People would write about how they were Ok with a 'man with a gun', but did not like seeing them in places they liked to frequent.

That racist bunch of crap has mostly left society, but for some reason we still allow an anti-gun prejudice. And that's all it is, plain, simple prejudice. Police will not tell someone that they should not walk through this neighborhood because your scaring people, but they sometimes tell an OC'r to hide the gun for that exact reason.

Maybe the pinheads like the one that wrote to the paper should be asked if they are racially prejudiced too, or do they simply limit their prejudice people that want to protect themselves. </rant>

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom