• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    So, I've been EDCing an Ultratech for about six months now and it's great little knife. However, since it's of recent production, it did not come with a sheath. Normally, that wouldn't be much of an issue for me. But depending on the pants I'm wearing, when I reach into my pocket, my hand oftens meet the glassbreaker. Then, if I switch to the back pocket, I wonder if it will eventually puncture the leather seats in my car. I know the gb is removable, but it appears to also functions as a retainer for the pocket clip. So, any sheath suggestions?

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    How about we just remove the glass breaker and install a nice hex screw into the threaded hole so you can keep the clip on the knife? I know from time to time Microtech has these screws available just for that reason/purpose. I'll call Microtech Monday and find out the availability. I need some anyway, because you are not the first person that doesn't appreciate being bit by the glass breaker. :)

Edit: I have bead blast and black finished replacement screws coming this week from Microtech. So, if you want to remove your glass breaker and keep the clip mounted, these screws are what you will want to use.

MTreplacementscrewBB_zps4d94ef64.jpg

MTreplacementscrewblk_zpsf2537fe0.jpg

Last edited:

jsullivanj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Prosper
    I now have the glass breaker replacement screws in stock, both bead blast and black finish.

Hello Brad,
    i was researching replacing the pocket clip on microtech ultratech and found your post about the screws for glassbreakers.
    I was wondering if you know of a good alternative to the actual pocket clip. The lanyard loop is what I find my hand rubbing against when putting my hand in my pocket with an ultratech.
    Thanks
    J.Sullivan

Top Bottom