• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • uniquejohn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    west lafayette
    I got a Sharper Tec SH150-4L, it came with Sharpertec # 1220-G gun cleaner and Sharpertec Gun Lubricant, has heater and the Kimber officers size fit easily, disabbled it and ran the cycle for 20 min, could see the crud coming out of the cracks and crannys while cleaning, removed and let it drain and dry, then into the lubricant and a 5 min cycle, removed and let drain, wipped down and it looks good, not real sure about the lube, will have to see today after a night of drying, seems like alot of oily lube to me, will post more as it happens, gonna try some 45 nickel plated brass in a little while.

Happy to share and answer any questions, just stumbling down the road of learning, trying to dodge the pot holes...:):

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I recently bought an ultrasonic cleaner unit on Ebay - cost me about $70 shipped. It has a 32 fl oz capacity, and seems to work pretty well with a diluted simple green solution. My only gripe is that its small, and I can only do about 200 pieces of .223 at a time. *grumble*

a1q242.jpg

4txdoy.jpg

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    John I have a really dirty Model 60 action that I would be more than willing to loan you to try the reaches of your cleaner. I figure about 30 min oughtta do the trick. ;)

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    That SharperTec you purchased is a nice unit. I have cleaned small engine carbs, knives, jewelry, .45 brass, and guns in my Crest USC with good results. Let us know how you like the final lubrication bath.

uniquejohn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    west lafayette
    the lube left alot of oil, did it on another gun and used the air comprssor to blow out the excess, seems to be better, for long term storage i think it would be awesome, but still questioning my regular shooting guns. so far i have enjoyed the cleaner, both guns so far look awesome after cleaning and lubing, i have been experminting with the brass, so far vinegar/water/dish soap is the best, cost is less also, not shiney like i want, will have to be tumbled to get the shine, so have to decide if it is really worth the effort, but cases do look good inside and out, just not the brilliant shine i am looking for.

in812

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    for brass in my L&R for brass i use 25% vinegar 75% water then follow with water/baking soda and than tumble it will take nasty tarnished brass and make it look new

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom