• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Watched that yesterday and was wondering how everyday glasses compare to safety glasses or if you can get lenses made for shooting? I don't wear glasses myself so was just curious. Also, didn't look like his glasses really protect much. Not what I'd want to be wearing while doing destructive testing.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I saw this a while ago, good vid.
    Vuurwapenblog (youtube channel) does a similar vid where the MOE handguards start on fire and they keep shooting

Deprime

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Hancock Co.
    I watched that video a while back as well. Enjoyed the video.

I also though that he should have been wearing side shields, and hopefully they were at least safety lenses. I would definately want more eye protection if I was the one behind the gun. Maybe even a safety shield along with safety glasses.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Watched that yesterday and was wondering how everyday glasses compare to safety glasses or if you can get lenses made for shooting? I don't wear glasses myself so was just curious. Also, didn't look like his glasses really protect much. Not what I'd want to be wearing while doing destructive testing.
    My glasses are polycarbonate and exceed most impact standards. They don't have the coverage of most safety glasses, though. I do wear them at the range.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I'm really surprised the barrel went before the gas tube, and that the gas tube lasted that long; at NFA Day a couple years ago, I watched an M-16 cook a gas tube in less than 100 rounds of continuous automatic fire. :dunno:

I also had no idea that less than 1000 rounds of automatic fire would strip the rifling out of a barrel like that; guess that's what people mean when they say it isn't the number of rounds, but the firing schedule that determines barrel life.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I dont wear glasses either, but I know in the construction industry normal glasses are considered "safe" as long as they have side shields where safety glasses would be required.

As for the video, I'm amazed that the barrel gave out before the gas tube. Thanks for the video OP!

engineerpower

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    State of Boone
    Good example of why we wear gloves and eyepro while shooting. Granted, this was a pretty extreme example, but if you're that 1:1,000,000 case of the barrel fracturing like this one did, you'll be glad you did.

From the video, looks like the breach happened at approximately 10-11 o'clock. 6 o'clock would have been bad news.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    We all know that this was just an AK cleverly dressed up to look like an AR. There ain't no way an AR of any kind could go 4 times the standard combat load without jamming every 20 rounds.

Dudelittle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Attica
    That was pretty neat.. and depressing ant the same time.
    I was thinking about getting one of those barrels for my build, granted i wont be full auto, the de-rifleing has me second guessing. It probably would have failed a few mags sooner if he didn't lollygag between mags.

speedracer302

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Hamilton County
    That was a totally awesome durability test. The shooter is definitely a risk taker as pointed out by others. If I was going to try and meld own an AR, I would wear a face shield.... Who knows whats going to blow and where its going to go.

This makes me confident about the AR's in the safe!

7urtle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    hammond
    i have prescription saftey glasses

Top Bottom