• Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Gotta love it! :):

The U.S. District Court in the Northern District of Illinois has ordered the City of Chicago to reimburse $940,000 in legal expenses incurred by the NRA. The NRA had challenged Chicago's ban on gun sales within city limits in Benson v. City of Chicago. The Benson case was consolidated into Illinois Association of Firearm Retailers v. City of Chicago and that case challenged five aspects of Chicago's law: the ban on any form of carriage; the ban on gun stores; the ban on firing ranges; the ban on self-defense in garages, porches, and yards; and the ban on keeping more than one gun in an operable state. This is the second time that the City of Chicago has been ordered to reimburse legal fees in a suit sponsored by the NRA.

https://www.facebook.com/NationalRifleAssociation?fref=nf

NRA-ILA | City of Chicago Ordered to Pay NRA's Legal Fees - Again

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    until they have to pay with THEIR money, they'll keep on doing the same stuff as a matter of principle: "it's for the children!!!"

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    They have to if so ordered by the court.

Not necessarily. I know more than one that got court ordered payments - one from Allstate insurance. They did not pay. Had to sue for payment then settled for less payment. Rediculous.

I wish someone had the money to buy an add in The Sun Times - a whole page - and say Thank You for the $600,000 Chicago, and thanks in advance for another $940,000! Didn't know you were such a big supporter! Signed, The NRA.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Not necessarily. I know more than one that got court ordered payments - one from Allstate insurance. They did not pay. Had to sue for payment then settled for less payment. Rediculous.

I wish someone had the money to buy an add in The Sun Times - a whole page - and say Thank You for the $600,000 Chicago, and thanks in advance for another $940,000! Didn't know you were such a big supporter! Signed, The NRA.
    How is that legal? Wouldn't they face some sort of penally?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    How is that legal? Wouldn't they face some sort of penally?

There's always more to the story. If I really want to collect a debt, especially against an established corporation, I have many options....most of which involve the corp. paying for the fees incurred collecting the debt.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    There's always more to the story. If I really want to collect a debt, especially against an established corporation, I have many options....most of which involve the corp. paying for the fees incurred collecting the debt.
    Wow, i am surprised.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Why? Do people assume that when a court orders a payment to be made that the person who had to be taken to court get's agreeable all of a sudden? There is no debtor's prison and no "court order" police to turn you upside down and shake the change out of your pockets. I can attach and garnish bank accounts, I can have property seized (in the right situation) I can have sanctioned added to the debt.....but there's no real way to physically force a judgment to be paid in any efficient​ manner.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    And Chicago's about to get sued some MORE, LOL! For gun store 'restrictions', and for CCW denials. :rofl:

See, the libtards just never learn.

Top Bottom