• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dieselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Bloomington
    So today in the mail i recieved two things... 10 stripper clips and an ammo can of 7.62x54r for my mosin nagant m91/30. Two Problems:

-The bullets wont feed down into the mag out of the stripper clip. I lock it into the little slot in front of the bolt, push down on the rounds, and they just pop out of the stripper clip, none of them actually getting loaded into the gun

-How on earth do I open this ammo can?! Its a metal box thats been sealed liked a soup can. Cant puncture it, cant pry between the crimped together layers...

:dunno:

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Use a welder to open the ammo can.

:laugh:JUST KIDDING!!!!:laugh:
    (I had to add that. I'd hate to have another Graphic Images thread because of me!):n00b:

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    LOL... ok stripper clips can be stubborn a good fix is push really hard. And make sure you have the right stripper clips they arnt all the same.

And buy a can opener. Or use a knife and hammer or any striking object and piercing object combo. Screw drivers work with some elbow grease.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Try using a BFH on the can, or put into the microwave......... no on second thought don't!
    :D

Use a screwdriver/chisel etc. along the edge by the lip and and hammer and punch
    along the edge enough to get some strong tin snips in there and cut it open.
    Be careful as the snips will create knife sharp edges.

The spam can tool looks like a large version of the can opener on you pocket knife and works much in the same way.

OR you can put the can on end and use a hacksaw at the lid lip. Keep it at
    an angle to make sure you do not cut into your ammo. :n00b:

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Keep the top bullet level with the barrell while pushing down at the base of the bullets. You will have to place your index finger between the top and second round at the pointy end to pull up the first round to level position.

The can is another problem. You need an old fashioned can opener like on an old scout knife. They can also be purchased at Bradis in Camby if that won't work.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Is this the green spam can? If so, there are some special openers that usually come with them if you buy 2 or more cans. I can "loan" you one if you need.

If it is the silver galvanized can, you pretty much need a vice grips or channel lock pliers to grab the tab and peel back.

RE: the stripper clips, I have best success with the brass clips (they seem to have the correct shape). Push down with you thumb almost vertically as close to the base as possible. This will help keep them level like another poster said. If you push too far down the round, it will bind up.

Watch your thumbnail though! When you push down on them the right way, they go in fast, and your thumbnail ends up bearing the brunt of it when it hits the inside of the reciever.

Good luck!

dieselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Bloomington
    got it open with a screwdriver, hammer, and some tin snips... just cut a big enough hole to take all the ammo out of the box. definately finding an opener before i buy my next spam can

muncie21

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Spam cans are a bi*ch even with the dedicated openers. :dunno:

Hate to be the poor soul needing to open one of those as the enemy is preparing to charge....

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    So today in the mail i recieved two things... 10 stripper clips and an ammo can of 7.62x54r for my mosin nagant m91/30. Two Problems:

-The bullets wont feed down into the mag out of the stripper clip. I lock it into the little slot in front of the bolt, push down on the rounds, and they just pop out of the stripper clip, none of them actually getting loaded into the gun

-How on earth do I open this ammo can?! Its a metal box thats been sealed liked a soup can. Cant puncture it, cant pry between the crimped together layers...

:dunno:

OK.. now that you got it open, from where did you order the can and the stripper clips?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom