• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    This is what we have come to, America. We can't pay our mortgages, we have a stifling national debt that no one seems to want pay taxes towards, we have car loans in default all over the place, but by God, we will buy black market twinkies!

sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    This is what we have come to, America. We can't pay our mortgages, we have a stifling national debt that no one seems to want pay taxes towards, we have car loans in default all over the place, but by God, we will buy black market twinkies!
    Well said !

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    People have them listed for $20-$45 a box, but no one is paying that yet.

Hostees Orginal Twinkee Box of 10 | eBay

yes they are. $50 for this one

They are not black market twinkees, they're just collectors items. Kinda like stock certificates of failed corporations.

I thought this was going to be a post ranting about people who sell on ebay. Glad to see it was in reference to the item.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    WTH? Chances are another company will be buying the brands and continue to sell them. They still might be under the banner of Hostess but owned by XYZ company. I would think that there is still money to be made with them.

slimplmbr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Greenfield
    Hostees Orginal Twinkee Box of 10 | eBay

yes they are. $50 for this one

They are not black market twinkees, they're just collectors items. Kinda like stock certificates of failed corporations.

I thought this was going to be a post ranting about people who sell on ebay. Glad to see it was in reference to the item.
    I looked earlier and no one was bidding on any of the ones that were ending soon. That guy was asking $50 and some idiot actually paid that seller $20 for the box he sold.:rolleyes:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    WTH? Chances are another company will be buying the brands and continue to sell them. They still might be under the banner of Hostess but owned by XYZ company. I would think that there is still money to be made with them.

:+1:

This company like many others has had multiple owners and multiple bankruptcies in the past. Does everybody really think that this will be the last one for such a well known brand? I predict twinkies will be back on the shelves within a matter of a few months.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN

Yeah, but it will be like a Remington made Marlin, fill holes will be miss-alligned, golden sponge cake will be off in color, folks will complain about the pastry to box fitting, etc. :rolleyes:

It was funny, though, I was in Wal-Mart Saturday and the Hostess section was wiped out. I haven't had a twinkie in 10 years or more but I kinda want one now. It's some kind of underhanded economic stimulus.

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I can live with out them but love the powder dounuts

Powdered sugar messes up your arteries more. Get the smooth chocolate coated ones to keep your arteries lubed and healthy!

Seriously though, I feel the powdered ones are less healthy than the chocolate dipped ones for some reason. I know that's not true, just what I tell myself when I choose the chocolately goodness.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Seriously though, I feel the powdered ones are less healthy than the chocolate dipped ones for some reason. I know that's not true, just what I tell myself when I choose the chocolately goodness.

It's the inhalation risk. Breathing in the powdered sugar probably runs the same risk as asbestos.

Top Bottom