• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    No, it's not just you. I've noticed several annoying things that I didn't notice years ago. Shows in syndication are sometimes sped up slightly so they can cram another commercial or two in. Shows on certain channels are stretched out for more commercials. Instead of a 30 minute show being in a 30 minute time slot it's put in a 36 minute slot. Closed captions that are wrong or altered from what is actually said. Captions of the lyrics of background music being plastered right along with the dialogue of an ongoing conversation. Blazing white full screen backgrounds in commercials that are so bright it's hard to look at the screen. The constant flickering, flashing and strobe effect in commercials and previews for shows. We are not cats, stop it.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I noticed it first in movies, beginning as far back as the Lord of the Rings series. Other movies quickly followed suit, and I can't usually watch movies without closed captioning anymore.

It's been drifting into TV ever since.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Is it just me or is the background "music" on TV shows getting so loud you can barely hear the "talking"...?

it could be your tv improperly decoding the audio stream.

I had a surround sound system that as it was dying, it would only play certain 5.1 channels on certain DVDs. One example was music in the center channel @100% only and speech in right front only @25% (of normal setting). Some DVDs always did it, others it would start randomly during the show until you stopped and restarted it.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom