• ...and so much more!
  • paintball_addiction

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    184   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    SW of Indy
    Anybody have experience with the Tula .223? Cabela's has it on sale for $3.99 a box right now. I was thinking about picking up a few boxes to try out. It says it is boxer primed, but can I reload a steel case?

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    Just a quick thread revival. The price is now $3.79 a box, and they have a $20 coupon off orders of $150 or more. That at least takes care of shipping or taxes (unless you ship to Ohio or elswhere it doesn't require taxes.)

Ends up working out to approximately $200 per 1000 rounds, delivered. Not to shabby for plinking ammo!

If it is in fact the same wolf in different packaging (and I have absolutely no reason to doubt Shooter's genius)...then I have ran over 1k rounds of this with no issues whatsoever.

Reloader

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Not the same as Wolf. This ammo is made using American powder and an American bullet. The steel case is Russian. One of the guys who worked for Seler & Bellot and left after they were sold started Tula. From what I can tell it's cleaner then Winchester in the white box.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Not the same as Wolf. This ammo is made using American powder and an American bullet. The steel case is Russian. One of the guys who worked for Seler & Bellot and left after they were sold started Tula.

If you're gonna throw out statements like that, you're gonna need to provide evidence. Otherwise, it just REEKS of a gunshop "tall tale".

Tula Cartridge Works has been in existence since the late 1800s, and has produced steel-cased small arms ammunition in Russia for decades. It has no relationship with S&B.

From the Internet:

TCW

and

Graf & Sons - TULA AMMO 308 WIN 145gr FMJ STEEL/BERDAN 20b 25c

and

Tula ammunition derives its name from its birthplace, the Tula Cartridge Works in Tula, Russia. This same plant also produces many of the products branded in the United States as "Wolf Ammunition".

The Tula Cartridge Works was founded in 1880 and is currently one of the largest ammunition manufacturing plants in the world. The Tula name has gained a following worldwide for its rugged, reliable, and economical product.

Now, Hornady's TAP Training ammo uses Berdan-primed steel cases from Russia loaded with Hornady bullets and an undisclosed propellant, but it is not marketed under the Tula name, and is quite a bit more expensive than your garden-variety Wolf, Tula, Bear, etc.

Hornady : Law Enforcement | Products | 223 REM TAP® TRAINING™

Last edited:

Reloader

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Sorry...No gun shop tales here don't have time for rumors and goofy noise. Call Riley's in Alton Indiana which is a distributor of that ammo. They will give you all the details along with their own test results. They don't have any relationship with S&B...It was one of their execs who left after there last buy out that worked with Tula to start producing this ammo. Of course Tula has been around forever.. Test it for your self then comment...

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    Not the same as Wolf. This ammo is made using American powder and an American bullet. The steel case is Russian. One of the guys who worked for Seler & Bellot and left after they were sold started Tula. From what I can tell it's cleaner then Winchester in the white box.

LULZ...
    This is biggest pile of BS I have read in a while.

:laugh::laugh:

Tula has been making ammo since around 1880 or so (yes, 1880).

Please enlighten us with more stories.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    Sorry...No gun shop tales here don't have time for rumors and goofy noise. Call Riley's in Alton Indiana which is a distributor of that ammo. They will give you all the details along with their own test results. They don't have any relationship with S&B...It was one of their execs who left after there last buy out that worked with Tula to start producing this ammo. Of course Tula has been around forever.. Test it for your self then comment...

Test what?

Tula branded and Wolf branded ammo are exactly the same and manufactured and exported from Russia with Russian components.
    They work the same, I shoot both all the time.

Please stop with the misinformation.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere

THE FAIL IS STRONG WITH THIS GUY

Reloader

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Good lord you shooters can't be this ignorant...(no offense meant.) What has Tula being around since 1880 have anything to do with the components in this round? Stick to your cheap wolf. I guess you would argue or believe that Wolf Deer slugs are made by Wolf ...LMAO. Ok enough of this stick to what you think you know..you'll be happier at the end of the day.

Reloader

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    PS...I read my thread above...Didn't mean the guy stared TULA..and that is what it looks like I said..I should have said went to Tula for this round. My bad sorry..I should be cained in Singapore

Top Bottom