• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mlzoiss

Plinker
    Aug 29, 2012
    Carmel, IN
    OK, I got the Tech-SIGHTS and the volquartsen exact edge extractor, I watched YouTube videos, but I can't figure out how to even get the darn thing apart. There is no barrel band, so I loosened the takedown screw (bolt closed, rear sight folded down), and pressed the safety halfway...and it won't budge.

1133.jpg

Do I really need a brass punch to remove the front sight? If so, where can I get one quickly? I want to get this done for the Appleseed shoot Oct. 5. Anyone in the Carmel area willing to help?

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Hey M

you don't "need" brass tools but they are recommended as they are less likely to damage your rifle when you're drifting out the existing front sight. You can use any type of punch as long as you're careful. That said, I do have a brass set I can loan you this week. I will shoot you a PM.

As for disassembly, your rifle is the international version with the mannlicher stock. There is a cap at the muzzle end that needs to be removed. From what I have heard it can be kind of a pain but there are some folks who have come up with creative ways to do it. It looks like some folks wrap some leather around the cap and then pull it off while others have been successful getting a knife and prying it off. Mannlicher stock disassembly - Ruger Forum

Last edited:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    since you are doing this for an appleseed I will install the stuff for you for free. Feel free to come tomorrow night and help out w/ my cannon project east side of Indianapolis at 630 pm and once we are done ill knock it out for you.

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    IndyGunworks won't goof up your rifle if you can get there, he will install them right.

Nick, send me your address again and I will try to be there tomorrow to lift the barrel.

YHJ

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Yes sir. I believe I have enough people to help, but enjoy meeting other ingoers. Another hand can be nothing but helpful. Plus beer is on me.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    thanks... I guess I assume the almost anyone on this board is a HE, except for the ones that either have a female name, or I KNOW are female. Offer still stands regardless.

Top Bottom