• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slimplmbr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Greenfield
    Ok INGOers I need some education. I am researching buying an S&W M&P AR-15:ar15: and need to know some things. I am leaning toward the model M&P15X. Here is the address for pics and some specs: http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson/upload/other/ps/811008.pdf Sorry you will have to copy and paste can't make it link. But things I am wondering about are twist rates advantages of 1:7" 1:8" and 1:9" advantages and disadvantages, 5.56/.223/5.56 NATO are they the same ammo and others things I may not mention or think of. So if y'all can learn me a little and thanks for the help!!!!:D:yesway:

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    This is all from my understanding:

The higher the rate of twist the better it will stabilize a (heavier) longer bullet. I'm not sure about any disadvantages.

I believe the 5.56 & 5.56 NATO are the same thing. I think most just leave it off for convenience.

The 5.56 cartridge is just slightly larger than the standard .223 so a 5.56 chamber can accept .223 but the .223 can't accept a 5.56. If you have a choice it's better to get the 5.56.

slimplmbr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Greenfield
    Thanks for the info finity. That info is helpful. Any body else with more info or opinions? Lets hear INGO... I'm waitin to see what you have too say:popcorn:

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I got my M&P 15X about a month ago and I have been having a blast getting it ready for Spring (EoTech, light, pistol grip, bi-pod, sling, covers, bags, etc. etc.). I went by the advice of a friend who had purchased a 15X and has had absolutely no issues with it at all and also because I just like S&W. I posted photos in the show & Tell thread of how angry mine looks today.

As for Billyboy's statement, if you miss the squirrel with the first shot, just pull the trigger 29 more times!:)

Top Bottom