• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't do that, though. Maybe you're referring to the hardcore anti-Trump members here, and that's fine... but as everyone knows, I like to condense my content to appropriate threads.

I feel like only the negatives get noticed, and the positives slip through. We (collectively, all of us) talk in threads about when Trump does good things. There's never a stink about that... but once a criticism is thrown out, a few people get upset by it and do the loop above.

I know the people here that aren't going to criticize him. I'm not expecting them to have a reasonable conversation about goings-on with regards to our rights and whatnot (outside of "we gon' have a civil war if hitlery wins i tell you whut"). But I know there are people here that are deeper than that, capable and willing to acknowledge when our "leaders" do not-so-good things.

And maybe it isn't worth talking about. Just like pointing out the good stuff. In the end, nothing is really accomplished by it. We're just nobodies talking on a forum. We aren't going to fix anything outside of our rare organization for rallies and things like that.

So... yes.... nothing is solved by criticizing him... as much as nothing is solved by praising him. It's probably just best to consider it a way to spend the day talking about subjects we're similarly interested in. Or argue, like Jamil likes to do.

I like Trump. I guarantee you, every survey I take, I give positive responses. I just want him to do better on things he obviously doesn't understand to the extent we do.

But there are things you can do. Try to identify an up and coming politician and work to support him or her so they can gain traction and you might get that chance to vote for someone you really support rather than the lesser of two evils. John James, who lost to Stabenow for a Michigan senate seat is one example I can think of, they're certainly are more. Start something akin to Justice Democrats on our side of the aisle to identify and give a leg up to candidates that support your ideals

But be prepared for disappointment. I was involved in the project in my state to basically give Kasich nowhere else to go at the public teat, to close off any possibility of running for any other state wide office when he was term limited as governor. While we succeeded in that goal, the person that support crystalized around for his replacement as governor (who seemed harmless, experienced and conservative enough) has turned out to be a real tool. Sometimes the fight seems endless

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    10 million gun-owning American patriots - and possibly a lot more than that - are ready to wage WAR against the federal government in defense of basic God-given Rights! If Trump throws the 2020 election to Demorats by violating HIS oath to the Constitution, the Demonrats will use the occasion to abolish ALL liberty AND the Bill of Rights!! When that happens, the civil war WILL BEGIN. Not a threat, but a simple PREDICTION!!

:laugh:

You have far too much faith in your countrymen.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Exactly. I am even left wondering if the 'extended' magazines were something really extraordinary or just the ones that stick out an inch or two and allow for a couple of extra rounds. I'm pretty sure they make 40+ rounders to fit Glocks, so if they had good imagery to support their narrative that no one needs more than 10 (or 7 or 6 - whatever the flavor of the month is) rounds you would think we would already have seen it. If he had used an AR you can bet we would have been inundated with pictures of the 'assault rifle/military grade firearm'

I can think of no forensic reason photos of the firearms could not be released, but I can think of plenty of shady ones

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Trump has always been an NYC Demorrhoid who doesn't support the 2A. Anyone surprised by this shouldn't have voted.

It's a shame there were no other Republicans in the primary. None at all. Not a single one.

And looking back, all the modern gun control has come from Republicans. The import bans, the Bumpfire Stock Ban, the Hughes Amendment. You have to go all the way back to 1968 for the last Dem gun control.

And even on Clinton's expired AWB, the deciding votes were GOP.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Has the Trump stated anything else about suppressors since this one sound byte?

Dateline today

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...sitting-ducks-dont-stand-a-chance-against-bad
    Trump: Unarmed civilians are 'sitting ducks,' don't stand a chance against 'bad guys' with guns

Now, do you think this quote will get the most play on INGO?

President Trump in an interview broadcast early Wednesday argued against gun control, saying that unarmed civilians are "sitting ducks."

"When somebody has a gun illegally and nobody else has a gun because the laws are that you can't have a gun, those people are gone. They have no choice, they have no chance," Trump told Piers Morgan on ITV's "Good Morning Britain."

"The people that obey the laws ... those people are sitting ducks," he added.

Or this one?

The president did say he doesn't like gun suppressors, also known as silencers, and would "think about" banning them after one was used in a Virginia Beach, Va. shooting in which 12 people were killed last week.

Edit: The second one isn't actually a quote, is it

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Everybody knows there were only two real candidates in 2016.
    The right choice was made.
    There will be only two real candidates in 2020.
    After reading every post in this disgusting thread I wonder if the right choice will be made.
    If people on INGO are willing to make the wrong choice then things do not look good for America.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Everybody knows there were only two real candidates in 2016.

Yep!

The right choice was made.

Agreed!

There will be only two real candidates in 2020.

Unfortunately...

After reading every post in this disgusting thread...

I... wait wha...?

I wonder if the right choice will be made.

Wh...why? Has anyone here signaled that they plan to vote Democrat? At all?

If people on INGO are willing to make the wrong choice then things do not look good for America.

Jim-Carrey-What-the-hell-are-you-talking-about.gif

98cirrus

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Goshen
    "Incrementalism" is the sin. But I still support Trump.

Incrementalism is the tool of power hungry progressives and really almost a societal norm, and we have watched, as the Bolshevist liberals have used it to usurp power over many of our rights. Especially gun rights. It's all premeditated as well. This bump stock ban and suppressor comment was not premeditated by the president. But his simple somewhat misguided attempt at his form of common sense.
    I support the tight controls (costs included) on silencer/suppressors as well as fully automatic weapons. Ok, I'll come right out with it. I'm ok with the general public running around with semi-auto rifles, but not "OK" with a bunch of the general public running around with full auto's, without a class 3 permit, that have silencers. I didn't like Trump banning bump stocks, but shouldn't they have had the same class 3 restrictions as machine guns, to start with? Weren't they designed to give the effect without the cost, and restriction. YES they were. We can and have discussed before, about the technical differences, in bump stocks and full autos, but with some training, the result is still a dramatically increased rapid fire rate over semi-auto mode. The Las Vegas shooter seemed to use the bump stock with reloading rates that would approach those for machine guns. (God rest those souls we lost!) I don't think he was a class 3 permit holder. But still had a rapid fire rifle. So....The ideal choice Trump didn't see clear to make, was to put bump stocks under class 3 provisions. That would have been a move I could support. Trump sees things as black and white. He made a stupid comment about suppressors, but I believe he's afraid of the first time some poor cop get's murdered by some PUKE with a silenced sniper rifle. His suppressor comment was "outside" of the normal attempt at incrementalism. What do ya'll think? Is there any common ground out there?

PS, The NRA won a lot of legal battles under the Obama admin, that moved things forward for gun ownership. It doesn't make Obama more favorable to the 2nd amendment than Donald Trump.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Dateline today

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...sitting-ducks-dont-stand-a-chance-against-bad
    Trump: Unarmed civilians are 'sitting ducks,' don't stand a chance against 'bad guys' with guns

Now, do you think this quote will get the most play on INGO?

Or this one?

Edit: The second one isn't actually a quote, is it

Might just be paying lip service to Piers Morgan.

Bloomberg expands on his quote a little, but not much:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...sly-looking-at-banning-gun-silencers-jwixwla2

President Donald Trump said he’ll "seriously look" at banning gun silencers after last week’s mass shooting in Virginia.

“Well, I’d like to think about it," Trump said in an interview with Piers Morgan on ITV’s Good Morning Britain. “I’m going to seriously look at it."

While Trump said he didn’t "love" the idea of a ban, he also was unhappy to see the frequency and severity of mass shootings in the U.S.

Didn't they eventually say bumpstocks were never used in Vegas? Aren't we still unclear on the presence of a suppressor in Virginia Beach... yet we're already specifically talking about banning them...

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Incrementalism is the tool of power hungry progressives and really almost a societal norm, and we have watched, as the Bolshevist liberals have used it to usurp power over many of our rights. Especially gun rights. It's all premeditated as well. This bump stock ban and suppressor comment was not premeditated by the president. But his simple somewhat misguided attempt at his form of common sense.
    I support the tight controls (costs included) on silencer/suppressors as well as fully automatic weapons. Ok, I'll come right out with it. I'm ok with the general public running around with semi-auto rifles, but not "OK" with a bunch of the general public running around with full auto's, without a class 3 permit, that have silencers. I didn't like Trump banning bump stocks, but shouldn't they have had the same class 3 restrictions as machine guns, to start with? Weren't they designed to give the effect without the cost, and restriction. YES they were. We can and have discussed before, about the technical differences, in bump stocks and full autos, but with some training, the result is still a dramatically increased rapid fire rate over semi-auto mode. The Las Vegas shooter seemed to use the bump stock with reloading rates that would approach those for machine guns. (God rest those souls we lost!) I don't think he was a class 3 permit holder. But still had a rapid fire rifle. So....The ideal choice Trump didn't see clear to make, was to put bump stocks under class 3 provisions. That would have been a move I could support. Trump sees things as black and white. He made a stupid comment about suppressors, but I believe he's afraid of the first time some poor cop get's murdered by some PUKE with a silenced sniper rifle. His suppressor comment was "outside" of the normal attempt at incrementalism. What do ya'll think? Is there any common ground out there?

PS, The NRA won a lot of legal battles under the Obama admin, that moved things forward for gun ownership. It doesn't make Obama more favorable to the 2nd amendment than Donald Trump.

good grief.

there is no such thing as a "class 3 permit" for people who buy guns. stores need a class 3 tax license for their FFL. People go through background checks and pay taxes and wait a long time to get their MGs or silencers or SBRs. no "permit" involved.

He did treat bump stocks like MGs. You can't buy new MGs since '86. No bump stock existed before '86.

"reloading rates" for a MG?

Is being murdered with a silenced gun worse than an loud gun? It's just a muffler, doesn't make the gun more dangerous. What's still quieter than a silenced sniper rifle? a jack hammer, a commercial jet, a rock concert, etc... 130- 140db is still freaking loud; it's just barely "hearing safe"

-rvb

Last edited:
    Top Bottom