• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    I like the fact that Trump has the (ahem) stones to do what the Dem's do, and that is to make an outrageous claim that the press will then ask BHO about and he will have to respond.

Most Rep's don't have the cajones to do that...

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    What kind of deal would Newt have to make to get gas prices down to $2.50?

Oh I don't know, maybe DRILL for it here, ok the Keystone Pipeline, bypass the EPA and open up all areas to exploration, bypass all the red tape and choking environmental regulations by executive order and possibly provide some kind of incentives to the industry to build refineries here. Humm... wonder how many PRIVATE SECTOR jobs that might create?:rolleyes:

It's just quite possible that not everything has to have an evil side. Might be better to get outside of the self imposed box some live in. Just a thought.....

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Oh I don't know, maybe DRILL for it here, ok the Keystone Pipeline, bypass the EPA and open up all areas to exploration, bypass all the red tape and choking environmental regulations by executive order and possibly provide some kind of incentives to the industry to build refineries here. Humm... wonder how many PRIVATE SECTOR jobs that might create?:rolleyes:

It's just quite possible that not everything has to have an evil side. Might be better to get outside of the self imposed box some live in. Just a thought.....
    While there are some merits to what you propose, do you truly believe the result will be $2.50 gasoline?

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    While there are some merits to what you propose, do you truly believe the result will be $2.50 gasoline?

Can't say for sure but I'd wager it would be quite a bit lower than we are seeing now.

Of course we should be paying somewhere around $2.50-$2.75/gallon right now where crude prices are, and have been for the past week or so. There is absolutely no logical reason we are still paying anywhere near $4.00/gallon for gasoline. The world is drowning in crude oil AND refined gasoline, with more being discovered everyday. What did they announce yesterday.... "ol Hugo now has more proven crude oil reserves than Saudi Arabia.

If we were to go on a refinery building "binge" the crude oil would come to us to refine it. That seems to be a win win for us. The oil comes here to be refined increasing the supply actually inside the United States, AND also creates jobs here.

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012

In other words destroy our natural resources for a temporary fix. How about continuing to increase fuel economy, seriously investing in nuclear and other alternative energies, creating a better infrastructure etc. for a permanent solution to our oil dependency. These options would also drive oil prices down but they are too "liberal" for many people.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I like the fact that Trump has the (ahem) stones to do what the Dem's do, and that is to make an outrageous claim that the press will then ask BHO about and he will have to respond.

Most Rep's don't have the cajones to do that...

I agree with you on this. I also give Romney credit for now disavowing Trump the way McCain did every time someone said something that upset the media or the Dems.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    In other words destroy our natural resources for a temporary fix. How about continuing to increase fuel economy, seriously investing in nuclear and other alternative energies, creating a better infrastructure etc. for a permanent solution to our oil dependency. These options would also drive oil prices down but they are too "liberal" for many people.

Never been to many oil fields have ya?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Here's an idea...

Why does the UK have a ford focus that achieves 40-50mpg with a gasoline engine, and manages the same power as the base line model available in the US?

For that matter, why are there so many cars made by American based companies sold outside of the US with far far better fuel economy, but they act like getting 30mpg here is a big deal?

And yes, I learned about all this through experience by driving these cars during a month long visit to the UK. Funny how all their major roads are 70mph, and with very little to no police on the roads, as well as 1-2mile advanced warning of where speed trap cameras are by road signs.

People need to wake up, and stop blinding themselves with gang warfare between 2 political parties.

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    I am not sure about the political impact on gas prices but this past Tuesday (june 12) I paid $3.07 a gallon in southern Georgia, and it was $3.07 to $3.29 most places thru Georgia and southern Tennessee, as I got into Kentucky $3.35 average and Indiana :cool: it was $3.69 and up :xmad: so I just laugh when our local news does a story about Indiana gas being more expensive in the summer because the "summer blend" is more expensive to produce, just give me the Georgia blend please?:D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Not to be an idiot, but I was under the impression that we bought most of our oil from Canadia and South America. Why would Obama waste his time making deals with the Saudi's?

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010

Don't quite get the "destroying our natural resources" thing.:dunno: If you're not going to burn/use the oil what's the point of drilling for it? As far as the temporary fix thing, oil drives the world right now, and will continue to for a LONG time. I'm 55 and oil will be the main supply of energy LONG after I'm dead and gone.

Either we as a nation wake the f*** up and realize our very existence depends on a supply of crude oil, or someone else who does understand that (China among others) will be calling the shots. We have to get over all this wacko environmental, feel good crap and and start facing the harsh realities of this world. The fat and happy's with too much time on their hands in this country need to be pushed back out to the fringe where they belong. Those countries that either have the oil resources, or control them will be the world powers, and the rest of them will be relegated to third world status.

As far as the rest, I have no problem with anything you mention BUT oil has to remain the major part of the equation.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Don't quite get the "destroying our natural resources" thing.:dunno: If you're not going to burn/use the oil what's the point of drilling for it? As far as the temporary fix thing, oil drives the world right now, and will continue to for a LONG time. I'm 55 and oil will be the main supply of energy LONG after I'm dead and gone.

Either we as a nation wake the f*** up and realize our very existence depends on a supply of crude oil, or someone else who does understand that (China among others) will be calling the shots. We have to get over all this wacko environmental, feel good crap and and start facing the harsh realities of this world. The fat and happy's with too much time on their hands in this country need to be pushed back out to the fringe where they belong. Those countries that either have the oil resources, or control them will be the world powers, and the rest of them will be relegated to third world status.

As far as the rest, I have no problem with anything you mention BUT oil has to remain the major part of the equation.

Amen brother!

I'm all for renewable energy. Someday it'll be ready but right now, it is only competitive by making cheap energy expensive. This is one more area where we need less government in our lives.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Not to be an idiot, but I was under the impression that we bought most of our oil from Canadia and South America. Why would Obama waste his time making deals with the Saudi's?

Because crude oil is a commodity bid for on a world wide scale.

Even though we may not buy that much from the Saudi's directly, their production or lack of, influences the available supply worldwide to be bid on.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

"Seriously investing in nuclear" is liberal? I must be Marx then

Top Bottom