• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Bremen, IN
    I have been hearing Donald Trumps name as a presidential candidate in 2012. Other than his business experience, I don't know much about his political views. Does anyone know his feelings on gun control?

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    The things I've heard are typical of New Yawk repubs...Assault weapons are bad....waiting periods are good, Like Mitt Romney...we don't need Assault weapons!

Last edited:

mutt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Dude hates the idea of you and me having our scary black guns
    But has no problem with his staff being armed like they are protecting a diplomat

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Besides the gun issue, Trump is a phony Republican.
    He's donated money to Democrats Chuckie Schumer, Hillary Clinton, Anthony Wiener, and others I don't remember.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Donald Trump:
    "I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record."

Source: The America We Deserve
    Page: 102
    Author: Donald Trump

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Besides the gun issue, Trump is a phony Republican.
    He's donated money to Democrats Chuckie Schumer, Hillary Clinton, Anthony Wiener, and others I don't remember.

Why does that make him a phony Republican? Sounds to me like it makes him a faux-Conservative far more than speaking on any level to his political party.

:dunno:

Blessings,
    Bill

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    what does political history have to do anything with someone's party? whats a party anyway? why does American Politics revolve around a mostly 2-party system, while other countries do well with as many as 6 parties?

James Madison predicted the fall of America in Federalist #10 to a 2-faction political system... The Federalist #10 for your health

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    Trump is just blowing off about running for POTUS, he does this every 4 years. He might have a good business head but thats about it.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I have heard him talk on Michael Savage's radio show a while back. If he is lying to us, at least his lies are the ones that I want to hear and are about bringing this country back to its prominence in the world and standing up to our enemies instead of bowing down to them and licking their feet. If he decided to run against the bammer and made it through the primaries, I would gladly vote for him over the embarassment that is currently occupying the White House.

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    First let me say that I don't relish the idea of President Trump. That being said, I heard an interview with him where he explains the contributions to democrats. He stated that in areas with high democrat control of cities, he has to donate as a business investment. He has investments and projects all over the country and he needs access to government to get things done. Donations help get that access from whoever is in power, be it dems, or repubs. Sux, but it is reality.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    why do we always have to pick a rich person to run for president that already has their hand in the cookie jar? maybe one day we will elect a hard working average joe farmer to be president. oh, never mind. I forgot wealth and fame gives people credibility in this country. if they are rich and famous or good looking they must be honest right? WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Let's face it he couldn't be worse than a Chicago community organizer that hates the US! Beside that if he bows to someone his toupee falls off so that would be out too!

Pyroponce

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    South Bend
    I have been hearing Donald Trumps name as a presidential candidate in 2012. Other than his business experience, I don't know much about his political views. Does anyone know his feelings on gun control?

I don't know how he feels about gun control and it doesn't matter. He won't run. All this talk about him running is just a shot designed to market the Trump brand and keep his name in the news. It's working pretty well IMO.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Let's face it he couldn't be worse than a Chicago community organizer that hates the US! Beside that if he bows to someone his toupee falls off so that would be out too!

yeah, it still just amazes me that Americans could vote for a guy who hates this country and what it stands for. (obama)
    im embarrassed that he is called president. he doesnt represent anything that America is. he does however represent the kind of scum we have let thrive in America

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    First let me say that I don't relish the idea of President Trump. That being said, I heard an interview with him where he explains the contributions to democrats. He stated that in areas with high democrat control of cities, he has to donate as a business investment. He has investments and projects all over the country and he needs access to government to get things done. Donations help get that access from whoever is in power, be it dems, or repubs. Sux, but it is reality.

So he was bribing them? Yeah, that's way less dirty than Chicago politics... :rolleyes:

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Why does that make him a phony Republican? Sounds to me like it makes him a faux-Conservative far more than speaking on any level to his political party.

:dunno:

Blessings,
    Bill

Yes, it does make him a "faux-Conservative" too.
    And I also have trouble trusting anybody who would show a long term pattern of supporting one of the two main political parties, then decide to run for office as a member of the other main political party.

At very least this is a person who is more of an opportunist than a person who has any core convictions he's willing to go down fighting for.
    This is the last type of elected official we need at this point in time in Washington, DC.

Top Bottom