• ...and so much more!
  • oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Maybe you should look at your closed minded responses, no discussion, just your way or no way.
    @jamil is closed-minded? He's about the most open-minded poster here when it comes to Trump. He's made it clear that he'd likely vote for Trump in the general election, if it came to that. He's also open to criticizing him when he sees fit. That's the opposite of closed-minded.

Being unwilling to discuss anything remotely negative about your guy to the point of angrily lashing out at anyone who does exhibits the very personification of being closed-minded. IMO.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne

Megan Kelly being "nasty" She's saying that this argument should have been made by the candidates in the last debate.

"The Independant vote is going to collapse on Trump. If he gets convicted, which is a very high chance, those Independents are going to run and we're going to lose, it's too uncertain a bet and it's one that we don't have to make."
    Note that she said that "we're going to lose" if Trump loses the Independents. Including her interests being defeated in Trump loss. Nasty.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    @jamil is closed-minded? He's about the most open-minded poster here when it comes to Trump. He's made it clear that he'd likely vote for Trump in the general election, if it came to that. He's also open to criticizing him when he sees fit. That's the opposite of closed-minded.

Being unwilling to discuss anything remotely negative about your guy to the point of angrily lashing out at anyone who does exhibits the very personification of being closed-minded. IMO.
    He was closed minded on this topic, had a side, and wanted no discussion of other possibilities. While we are at it, it is funny you buy his “all sides act” act…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    He was closed minded on this topic, had a side, and wanted no discussion of other possibilities. While we are at it, it is funny you buy his “all sides act” act…
    All sides? WTF does that even mean? Who said anything about all sides? I said I’d give you the last word. I didn’t anticipate you wasting it on this.

Did you read my rebuttal? Or were you too closed minded to read it through. I think it fairly countered every thing you have been claiming in that part of the discussion, and I burned down your strawmen. You have attacked me instead of using facts and logic to rebut what I said. And if you want to attack, fine. But you get what you give. You engage me in good faith, I’ll reciprocate.

BTW, a couple of things I am indeed closed minded about. HOA’s are literally Karens spawned from the depths of authoritarian evil. Bike paths on the public’s dime are a misuse of public resources. Oh. And ******* cyclists who feign oppression are annoying. Change my mind.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Megan Kelly being "nasty" She's saying that this argument should have been made by the candidates in the last debate.

"The Independant vote is going to collapse on Trump. If he gets convicted, which is a very high chance, those Independents are going to run and we're going to lose, it's too uncertain a bet and it's one that we don't have to make."
    Nobody knows what is going to happen, nobody. Most of them are trying to create buzz and clicks. Least of all a nobody like Kelly who has done little in her, life just a burnt out lawyer who used her legs to get the attention of horndog old men…

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    Note that she said that "we're going to lose" if Trump loses the Independents. Including her inrerests being defeated in Trump loss. Nasty.
    If Trump gets the convict tag, and many people think he will, then the independents go away. It’s pretty damn easy to see. The left will fall in line and oppose the orange man. Kitchen table issues and the fact that Biden is hollow in the head don’t matter anymore.

Dems were able to leverage J6 in 2022 and John Fetterman is now a Senator. Even the best polls for Trump show he has a serious independent problem with a conviction. The idea that Trump will carry a huge chunk of the black vote is completely insane and that completely closes the gap will not work.

GOP will be sitting in a ****** spot if we have a candidate who stuck his nose up to the debates, sitting in court, and we’ll have no good option. You dump him and the MAGA addicts don’t show up. You run him and we lose. You got more years of terrible liberal agenda.

Even worse- if Trump gets convicted, Biden wins, etc.- we’re going to have more years of conspiracy theories, a belief that Trump was the victim of a second tier of justice and continue to spiral away from any chance to rally a 50+1 majority to swing things back.
    Trump walks from all charges and the other half is going to say that justice is gone, the institution is broken, and we’re going to be dealing with insanity from them.

My optimism is quite low.

Reactions: oze

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don’t have the contempt for Kelly that a lot of folks here have. She’s an ideologue like a lot of other journalists, right wing or left. But she’s a bit more honest than a lot of folks give her credit for. She called out Cris Wallace on her podcast for not allowing Trump to talk about the evidence of Biden’s pay for play schemes. That story was absolutely relevant to the election and a moderator of a debate should push a candidate to answer tough questions about things like that.

Sometimes she gets things wrong and sometimes she gets things right.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    But she’s a bit more honest than a lot of folks give her credit for.
    You're right about M. Kelly being an idealog just as most (all?) jouranlists types are. But she didn't really get honest until she was ****-canned by Fox. Her current gig allows her more political freedom. Make no mistake, if she were still employed by McConglomeration News Corp., she'd still be a ****-stirring zealot looking to play the gotcha-game.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I don’t have the contempt for Kelly that a lot of folks here have. She’s an ideologue like a lot of other journalists, right wing or left. But she’s a bit more honest than a lot of folks give her credit for. She called out Cris Wallace on her podcast for not allowing Trump to talk about the evidence of Biden’s pay for play schemes. That story was absolutely relevant to the election and a moderator of a debate should push a candidate to answer tough questions about things like that.

Sometimes she gets things wrong and sometimes she gets things right.
    I'm more of a music guy than a talk radio guy while I'm driving, but there was a time when I listened to her podcasts, and found myself agreeing with her more than disagreeing.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Nobody knows what is going to happen, nobody. Most of them are trying to create buzz and clicks. Least of all a nobody like Kelly who has done little in her, life just a burnt out lawyer who used her legs to get the attention of horndog old men…
    An inconvenient fact you may not have pondered. It’s true enough that there are enough Trumpers to ensure he is the GOP nominee. There are not enough Trumpers to ensure he wins the presidency. Trump needs independents to vote for him. Not all the independents, of course, because many are neverTrumpers and obviously independents aren’t a monolith. But Trump needs enough independents to push him over the top. Many are right leaning and pragmatic, but not pragmatic enough to vote for a felon.

But at this point it’s full steam ahead. If Trump bowed out to give someone not in legal jeopardy a chance to win, I think the GOP would destabilize.

One might argue that the 2024 election might be a more certain victory for Republicans with Trump not in it. But certainly now that he is, and this far in, I’d say in for a penny, in for a pound. Make a good ground game and pound the message that weaponizing the DoJ should not be tolerated by a free society.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    If Trump gets the convict tag, and many people think he will, then the independents go away. It’s pretty damn easy to see. The left will fall in line and oppose the orange man. Kitchen table issues and the fact that Biden is hollow in the head don’t matter anymore.

Dems were able to leverage J6 in 2022 and John Fetterman is now a Senator. Even the best polls for Trump show he has a serious independent problem with a conviction. The idea that Trump will carry a huge chunk of the black vote is completely insane and that completely closes the gap will not work.

GOP will be sitting in a ****** spot if we have a candidate who stuck his nose up to the debates, sitting in court, and we’ll have no good option. You dump him and the MAGA addicts don’t show up. You run him and we lose. You got more years of terrible liberal agenda.

Even worse- if Trump gets convicted, Biden wins, etc.- we’re going to have more years of conspiracy theories, a belief that Trump was the victim of a second tier of justice and continue to spiral away from any chance to rally a 50+1 majority to swing things back.
    Trump walks from all charges and the other half is going to say that justice is gone, the institution is broken, and we’re going to be dealing with insanity from them.

Unfortunately, I agree.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

“My optimism is quite low.” Obviously…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    An inconvenient fact you may not have pondered. It’s true enough that there are enough Trumpers to ensure he is the GOP nominee. There are not enough Trumpers to ensure he wins the presidency. Trump needs independents to vote for him. Not all the independents, of course, because many are neverTrumpers and obviously independents aren’t a monolith. But Trump needs enough independents to push him over the top. Many are right leaning and pragmatic, but not pragmatic enough to vote for a felon.

But at this point it’s full steam ahead. If Trump bowed out to give someone not in legal jeopardy a chance to win, I think the GOP would destabilize.

One might argue that the 2024 election might be a more certain victory for Republicans with Trump not in it. But certainly now that he is, and this far in, I’d say in for a penny, in for a pound. Make a good ground game and pound the message that weaponizing the DoJ should not be tolerated by a free society.
    I would bet that DJT increases his vote totals again. The question is how many votes can the dems create?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You're right about M. Kelly being an idealog just as most (all?) jouranlists types are. But she didn't really get honest until she was ****-canned by Fox. Her current gig allows her more political freedom. Make no mistake, if she were still employed by McConglomeration News Corp., she'd still be a ****-stirring zealot looking to play the gotcha-game.
    She wasn’t ****canned by fox. She left. They offered her more money to stay. She left anyway. But I agree that she was more of a “gotcha journalist” when she followed a corporate media script.

I probably disagree with her maybe 50/50. So even on a podcast she’s not a commenter I take a lot of stock in. But I think that now, she’s saying what she believes. But she didn’t bother to call out Chris Wallace until she had no one handing her a script.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I would bet that DJT increases his vote totals again. The question is how many votes can the dems create?
    I think that remains to be seen. There is no doubt Trumpers do not have the numbers to do it without independents. So I think a lot of it depends on how right leaning independents take it if Trump is convicted.

That’s why I said that it’s important that if Trump gets convicted, the right message goes out to convince them to stay with Trump.

But anyone saying Trumpers can do it on their own, without any independents, is delusional.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    An inconvenient fact you may not have pondered.
    An inconvenient fact you may not have pondered is that DJT has increased his vote totals in each race he has entered, it is a short list of races but the feat either has never been achieved or rarely achieved (to lazy to look it up again).

It really is about the voting corruption…

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Sad but true. That’s what mail-in voting along with a voting season that can stretch days after election day. While they count votes, “how many do we need?” Oh. Okay. I’ll get what we need.”
    Agreed. If the republicans aren’t going to figure out how to roll that crap back they’re better figure out how to capitalize on it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    An inconvenient fact you may not have pondered is that DJT has increased his vote totals in each race he has entered, it is a short list of races but the feat either has never been achieved or rarely achieved (to lazy to look it up again).

It really is about the voting corruption…
    Well, lets not forget that in the “fraud poll” Republican voters cheated more than democrats. :):

Seriously though it’s not logical to claim that a trend will continue, without some evidence it will. Don’t take this for granted. Those vote totals included a lot of independents. Go back and look at the exit polls. These are not all Trumpers. It’s arrogant and delusional to assume people are just automatically on your side.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Uniquenateo
    Top Bottom