• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Now you equate millions of actual cases with the phantom cases of your opposition. They are not the same. There are already rules in place that cover those people. You just don't like them.
    Millions of cases of people without a valid ID? I'd say that's their problem. Doesn't have to be a drivers license, but it absolutely should be a requirement for voting. I'm 64 years old and I still have to show my id to buy smokes for crying out loud. Call me crazy, but I think voting is a little more important than that.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Millions of cases of people without a valid ID? I'd say that's their problem. Doesn't have to be a drivers license, but it absolutely should be a requirement for voting. I'm 64 years old and I still have to show my id to buy smokes for crying out loud. Call me crazy, but I think voting is a little more important than that.
    You show id everytime you buy smokes? Wow. They are serious!

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    No. Millions of military and others that use absentee ballots to vote.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    No. Millions of military and others that use absentee ballots to vote.
    Ah, my bad. I thought the issue was ID's. I have no problem with absentee ballots for those that have a legitimate need and provide proof of such. And these should be the exception, not the rule. Requesting one because you just don't feel like making the effort to vote in person (or for nefarious purposes) should not be allowed.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Not exactly millions, but a significant number:

About three-quarters of the 1.3 million active duty military members are eligible to vote absentee with special protections because they're stationed away from their voting residence.
    1726830874960.png

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    That’s not the same as mail-in voting per se.

But, it doesn’t matter whether you vote in person or early absentee. Your vote counts either way. If you plan to vote, it does not diminish your vote to vote on election day. It is absurd to think that early voting gives one party an advantage solely for it being early. What gives the advantage is making it effortless for apathetic people who would not vote at all, but for the blue-haired activists who get paid for harvesting their vote.
    1- Call it what you want, you get a ballot in the mail and you return it in the mail.

2- It is absurd to think relying on election-day voting is a good plan. We want to rack up the votes early and often. The GOP can see who hasn't voted and target low-propensity voters to get out the vote. They can target the materials at the people who haven't voted. You also don't lose people to long lines on election day who don't have the time and you also don't lose people to bad weather or life circumstances. How many Trump voters didn't check a box in 2020 because of polling issues on election day? Democrats will send someone to the door and ask who you are voting for and get you what you need to vote for them if you are on their team.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Now you equate millions of actual cases with the phantom cases of your opposition. They are not the same. There are already rules in place that cover those people. You just don't like them.
    I DO NOT LIKE POOR SECURITY IN ELECTIONS.

I equated this excuse to not secure elections to the dems excuse.

There are not millions that are stationed overseas. Those in the US should vote where they are physically located not some back where they came from election.

Election security should trump ANY other concerns…

Top Bottom