• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There was a debate thread. Those with TDS saw what they wanted, those with open eyes saw a three on one, and who knows what the liars in media actually saw, they already had their narrative created…
    It’s bad enough that he’s going against his opponent and the moderators. The unforced errors are on him. But, it’s not looking like it cost him bigly in the polls. Independents seem to have thought Harris came off like a bitchy, snooty ****.

He’ll need to be better prepared. He missed some opportunities. I think the 2016 version of Trump would have capitalized.

Given how relatively little a poor performance cost him, I think all he needs to do is not let Harris goad him into going off like he did a few times.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I mean.
    Moderators asked him far more pointed questions that her, her only a couple, and fact-checked him many time, one or two dubiously, and her not at all.

Didn't matter with the moderator pile-on.... made a 61-6 blow-out an 82-6 blow-out. The undecideds really don't know that her platitudes are demonstrably false and 180-degrees from the positions she previously ran on... which mirror her VPs positions.

Giving some thought to it to see if I can remember a worse Prez debate performance... ever... neck-and-neck with Biden's June performance.
    I think you’re overestimating how bad he did. He didn’t do great. She didn’t do so well either. She told some whoppers, and I think you’re selling people short. A lot of people noticed. Though I think she did better than Trump in terms of their respective game plans, I don’t think she moved the needle much if any once the dust has settled.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Yeah. Doubt anyone is gonna switch from Trump to Harris because Swift endorsed the ****.
    Its been a fortnight since I have been influenced by an entertainment figure.
    They are not heroes to me. More like an anti-hero.

It's been a cruel summer ending for Trump with this last minute switch, but if you ask is it over now for Trump, I don't think so.

We know all too well Trump can pull a win out like he did in 2016. He's like a willow in the back yard that bends but does not break.

Now look what you made me do. I actually am writing a post defending Trump. Mike will be proud. Maybe he will realize there isn't really any bad blood between us.

I can see it now, me and mike sharing a bourbon. I think I will wear a cardigan to our Trump wins celebration.

Sometimes when you get punched, you just get up, shake it off, and get back in the fight. Trump will be fine.

I think.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Yeah. Doubt anyone is gonna switch from Trump to Harris because Swift endorsed the ****.
    Very true... but... and a big but... of her fans of voting age, she can increase turnout... it's not a high percentage participation demographic.
    I mean.

I think you’re overestimating how bad he did. He didn’t do great. She didn’t do so well either. She told some whoppers, and I think you’re selling people short. A lot of people noticed. Though I think she did better than Trump in terms of their respective game plans, I don’t think she moved the needle much if any once the dust has settled.
    Perhaps... I'll say I didn't watch it alone. There were about equal comments of "he completely avoided answering the question" as there were "she completely avoided answering the question". To them, he was a one trick pony... "Is immigration all he's got?" at about the hour and five minute point. "Why does he answer every question with immigration?" Missed almost every opportunity to persuade how radical Harris is... "she's lying", "she's a Marxist, her father was a Marxist" and "Biden hates her" aren't what any normal person would call persuasive arguments.

"She's lying" is not a "fact-check". He knew going in the moderators would not fact-check her.

Open, derisive laughter at dogs and cats being eaten... and he went all-in on J6 and "stolen election"... that got wide-eyed, mouth open, is this dude nuts‽‽‽

And this is a should be a slam-dunk, reliable, R-vote audience.

Last edited:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Only3 and 4 are true.
    Can't speak to #2, didn't watch it... but on #1, Vance, I can say he really is doing the right thing, homerunning interview after interview.

Someone sent my wife a meme/snippet of the childcare interview... just the "grandma and grandpa should help, if they can" part... like that was his whole answer. Then she watched the WHOLE answer... "GOOD ANSWER".

I continue to be impressed by Vance... Ukraine, notwithstanding.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It’s close to the top complaint people have about Trump. It’s not “uniparty” to act like an adult. I mean hell. Just act electable at this point. He should be walking all over that ho.
    Can’t you see that politics has always been rough and tumble with nasty things said about opponents, even from back in the day of those many revere. I have come to see this whole “presidential” narrative as a cudgel to use against conservative candidates while not his is ever said about the leftists, by TPTB…

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Can’t you see that politics has always been rough and tumble with nasty things said about opponents, even from back in the day of those many revere. I have come to see this whole “presidential” narrative as a cudgel to use against conservative candidates while not his is ever said about the leftists, by TPTB…
    Let me put it this way for you again. Trump sounds like a junior high school bully.

Top Bottom