• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    well first off for the past few months iv been working a day job and I also have a night job and a weekened job. so the day job is 7 to 2;30 and night job 4 to 10:30 depending on events, and weekened job 2 to 7:30 with that all said I don't get much time for sleeping and Saturday at 2am I fell asleep at the wheel and crashed my truck I was fine and nobody else was hurt I was scared out of my mind with panic and disbelief called 911 and police came and a tow truck pulled my poor truck out of the trees, so far the damage is $9,500 im praying that insurance will pay for it but im not sure truck is 2006 its old but a good truck, so now im just trying to think how will I get a new used truck, im tired of working 3 jobs just want 1 good paying job,

IndyGunFreak

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    well first off for the past few months iv been working a day job and I also have a night job and a weekened job. so the day job is 7 to 2;30 and night job 4 to 10:30 depending on events, and weekened job 2 to 7:30 with that all said I don't get much time for sleeping and Saturday at 2am I fell asleep at the wheel and crashed my truck I was fine and nobody else was hurt I was scared out of my mind with panic and disbelief called 911 and police came and a tow truck pulled my poor truck out of the trees, so far the damage is $9,500 im praying that insurance will pay for it but im not sure truck is 2006 its old but a good truck, so now im just trying to think how will I get a new used truck, im tired of working 3 jobs just want 1 good paying job,

If you had collision insurance, why would they not pay for it? They might total it out for less than $9500 (a lot less since it's an 06).... If you just have liability.. Yeah you're gonna be screwed unless you can come up w/ the money for repairs. I'm assuming the truck is paid for?

Hang in there man... this to shall pass.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Truck will be totalled at that price. Hope you don't have to argue with the insurance company over the amount. Keep in mind, they will have to pay for any property damage to trees, fences, etc as well and may not give you a fair settlement at first.

Glad you are ok. You should have a check in your hand in a few days if your agent does his job and you had full coverage.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have been right where you are.
    Not so much having 3 scheduled jobs but working a service related job (HVAC) 40/50 hrs. a week and most weekend off racing professionally. If not on the road I was in my shop building engines for racers. Point is it will take a toll on anyone. I fell asleep at the wheel of my service truck and ran it off the road. Lucky no real damage or injury but it was an eye opener.
    We all need some rest.
    I hope you get everything worked out.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Glad you are OK.

Being productive and working instead of sitting on your butt is indeed noble, but there can be too much of a good thing. Sounds like you are burning the candle at both ends and in the middle. Rest is important. You can bear down for short periods, but your body will rebel in the long run.

The worst (emotionally) motor vehicle accident I ever responded to as a FF/EMT was a young man (late teens) who apparently fell asleep while driving home from his overnight stocking job. He sideswiped a woman in the on-coming lane. She came out of it physically OK and so did he. However her three-year old in the backseat carseat directly behind her had a small divot out of his skull where something had intruded and struck him. When I arrived (first of the official responders), mom was staring at her son screaming, and the young man was sitting on the ground crying and screaming that he wanted to die. He was probably a great, conscientious young guy who was going to be haunted the rest of his life.

Make sure you get some regular rest.

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    Well the insurance people said my truck is dead :( but I'm not giving up on her, I'm gonna get another estimate I love my truck can't let it go out this way, so anybody who knows about body repair message me I don't have a lot of money and hopefully insurance would pay for the repair, don't think I can work a 4th job to pay for a new truck so any help much appreciated

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

My take? If you dont NEED a truck, avoid getting another and get a cheaper economy car. Big truck tires are expensive. Gas tanks attached to Big block engines are expensive to fill repeatedly. etc, etc, etc...

I drive a compact car. Everything is cheaper. Fuel, tires, brakes, etc. Would I like a 4x4 tahoe or the like? ABSOLUTELY! But I have other priorities like food, clothes, kids, etc.

Less money out means fewer jobs that have to be worked. Just my :twocents:

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Get the big truck when you have the time and money to enjoy it. Or get a job where the truck is working for you instead of you working for the truck.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    At least when I was poor, cars were such that I could work on them myself. My hands were always beat up from working on my own cars because that was the only way I could afford to keep them running. When I was a teenager, I used to enjoy working on my own cars. Working on them for several years cured me of that. Now, I don't think I could work on them if I wanted to, they are so complicated.

I wouldn't want to go back to those days, but there were a lot of good things about them too. Just wouldn't want to go back! :)

JEDenny

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2015
    Georgetown
    12K for that truck - NO, DON'T DO IT. I've those trucks go for far less with the same miles! Its the hours of running time not the miles on military vehicles. My advice, get what you can pay cash for. Debt is not your (our) friend.

Top Bottom